Admissions Model Room Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the Model Room position for the Office of Admission.
With thousands of visitors coming through the Admissions Office each year,
on-campus recruitment efforts at Bridgewater must be top-notch!
Please review the following guidelines and click
on the "I Agree - Continue With the Application" link at the end of the page
when you are ready to begin the application.
All Occupants must fill out an individual application.
- If you are applying to have your room shown as a Model Room Host you MUST live on the first floor of a residence hall. We hire two first year student rooms. One in either Shea or Durgin, and the other in Woodward.
- This position entails that all room occupants grant permission for the
viewing of their room by tour groups, with or without the occupants' presence
at the specific times outlined in the application. This position also entails
weekly evaluations and monthly follow-up.
- You are an employee of the Office of Admission as well as Bridgewater
State University and agree to the showing of your room in the time frame of
11-1 and 3-5 on Monday through Friday and on 3 specific Saturday visits. You will be notified of other tours that may arise.
- This position requires occupants to maintain the appearance of the room.
The room setup should be appropriate, presentable, and clean. The content
in the rooms shall represent Bridgewater State University's standards outlined
by the Student Code of Conduct. If the room does not adhere to these standards
the room and occupants will be terminated.
- This position pays $80.00 per bi-weekly pay period. Please note if the
room is not available for all showings, the amount paid to the occupants
may be reduced.
- Each occupant is responsible for filling out and turning in their own
time sheet every two weeks. If you have any questions about your time sheet
please contact Student Employment at X1232.
- During tours, the occupants are asked not to interfere with the showing
of the room. We ask that you allow the tour guides to answer any questions
that tour members may have.
- Occupants should continue their daily routines. If the tour becomes disrupting
or overwhelming, to any or all of the occupants, please contact the Bridgewater Guides at X2832.
- Please be aware that all occupants are responsible for the safety of their
property. Be mindful of the placement of valuables and personal property.
Tour Guides will exercise reasonable judgment and care in order to prevent
theft, but the University is not responsible for stolen property.
- The Office of Admission, the Bridgewater Guides , as well as the visitors
themselves are all used to monitor this position. If the room is not maintained
or the occupants fail to abide by the guidelines stated, the position will
be terminated and replacements will be found. This position is an opportunity
to represent Bridgewater State University by displaying your living quarters.
Show pride in your room, yourself, and the institution.