The College of Graduate
Conference Funding Award
A Graduate Student Conference Award Review Committee will review all student applications. This committee will consist of one faculty or staff member from each of the following: the College of Education and Allied Studies, the Ricciardi College of Business, the College of Sciences and Mathematics, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the College of Graduate Studies. Applicants will be notified of the status of their grant application in a timely fashion.
Graduate students that have been selected and approved to receive the Graduate Student Conference Funding must complete the following prior to their trip:
1. Register for the conference that you have been approved for. If you would like for the College of Graduate Studies to pay for your registration upfront, please contact Lauren Lamothe by phone at: 508-531-2809 or by email at: email@example.com. She will help you register through our office at no cost to you.
2. Complete and submit a Travel Contract Form.
3. If the conference takes place out of state or if you need overnight accommodations, you must contact the Travel Coordinator, Gregory DeMelo, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-531-2537. The Travel Coordinator will formally arrange for and book your hotel stay. Once your travel has been booked, the Travel Coordinator will email all necessary documents to you. Please be on the lookout for these emails.
PLEASE NOTE: While the Travel Coordinator may not be able to give you your first choice itinerary, he will work with you to accommodate your travel needs as best as he can within your budget of $1,000.00. Please give him a reasonable amount of time to respond to your request.
Upon Return From Your Trip:
Graduate students returning from an approved and funded trip, must:
1. Fill out, sign, and submit the Travel Reimbursement Form, along with all original itemized receipts within fifteen (15) days of the completion of travel.
-If the expenditure was paid with a credit card, either the original detailed receipt with the last 4 digits of the card and a copy of the credit card statement must be included.
-If the expenditure is paid by check, a copy of the canceled check (front and back) or a copy of your bank statement must accompany the original receipt.
-If the expenditure is paid by debit card, a copy of the bank statement must accompany the original receipt.
2. Submit a copy of the final program for the academic conference listing the students name and title of the presentation or poster session.
For Meals at Conferences:
- The College of Graduate Studies will provide students with the per diem amount of $27.00 per day that is set by the University (receipts, not required). Meal reimbursement is pro-rated based on your travel itinerary. For example, if your flight leaves at 11:00am, you cannot claim breakfast for that day: breakfast ($6.00), lunch ($9.00), dinner ($12.00).
-Meals for single day trips from your home or from BSU for attendance at a local conference are allowed for students only.
-You will not be reimbursed for alcoholic beverages.
PLEASE NOTE: While most travel, accommodations, and conference registration will be handled either through the College of Graduate Studies or the Travel Coordinator, you may still incur some additional expenses on your trip (like meals, travel using your own vehicle, etc). The award funding includes expense coverage for conference registration, travel costs, lodging, and food up to $1000.00. The College of Graduate Studies can only reimburse you, the student. We cannot reimburse a third party and we cannot give you a reimbursement check if someone else has made the purchase for you. Should you have any further questions about reimbursements, please contact: Lauren Lamothe at: email@example.com.
Graduate Student Conference Funding Award
» Application Process
» Review & Approval
Last Modified: November 7, 2012