Etiquette and Protocols
Commencement is both a joyful and formal event. We ask that graduates and their guests adhere to the following guidelines to maximize enjoyment by all.
- We ask that all guests be seated in the auditorium by 7:10pm. Late arriving guests will not be allowed to enter the lobby until the students and faculty have processed into the auditorium.
- Only graduates are allowed to proceed across the stage to receive their degrees (exceptions may be made for disabled graduates.)
- Alcohol is not permitted. Security officers will be present to seize any alcohol and to prohibit any graduate who may have already consumed alcohol from participating in the ceremony.
- Cell phones and pagers should be turned off or operate in silent mode during the ceremony.
- Any distracting noisemakers, such as air horns, or flying objects are prohibited and will be confiscated.
- Please do not take flash photographs during the ceremony. Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate as they walk off the stage and receive their diploma.
- Please remain for the entire ceremony
<< Photography | Graduate Main Page | Keynote Speaker >>