Graduation Central - Undergraduate
All requirements outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the current BSU Catalog
(see Undergraduate Academic Policies) must be completed in full, in order to qualify as a Bridgewater State
University graduate as of a given semester. Below is a summary of the key requirements that must all be fulfilled for the degree of
Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or Bachelor of Science in Education at BSU:
- Submission by the student of a Degree Application to the Registrar's Office prior to the end of the graduation
review for that semester/term.
- A minimum of 120 earned degree credits.
- All requirements completed under a catalog in effect within eight (8) years of the date of graduation. This includes all General Education/CORE requirements, all major requirements, all minor requirements, and free electives, if applicable.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours completed through BSU, as a degree-seeking student,
including at least half of the requirements in the major field (excluding cognate requirements),
and at least half of the minor requirements.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours of the final 30 credit hours of a student's degree program completed through BSU.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (or higher if required by the major) in courses taken through BSU.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (or higher if required by the major) in the student's major and minor requirements taken through BSU.
For full details, please refer to the Undergraduate Academic Policies/Graduation Requirements section of the current Bridgewater State University Catalog at http://catalog.bridgew.edu.
Conferral of a degree occurs when the Registrar finalizes the student's academic record and confirms that all requirements have been satisfied. Hence, diplomas are not awarded at the commencement ceremony and are produced after the final clearance process. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not constitute conferral of the degree. Similarly, inclusion of a student's name in such publications as the commencement program does not confirm eligibility for the degree.
Graduation Requirements | Undergrad Main Page | Advising and Degree Audit >>