Presented by: Captain Michael Froio (University Police) and Allison Pickup (Human Resources)
Target Audience: All BSU Employees (Faculty and Staff)
Date and Time: Thursday, September 27th from 9:30am-11:00am
Location: Dunn A (East Side of Campus)
Course Description: The goal of the Emergency Preparation and Awareness training is to ensure that the Faculty and Staff here at BSU, feel a sense of preparedness and awareness in the case of a campus emergency, resulting in a safe and productive work environment. The following topics will be covered during the training:
- How to take responsibility for your personal safety and security.
- The necessary tools to maximize survival in the event of an active shooter situation.
- The survival mindset, survival course of action, law enforcement response, the difference between an active shooter vs. hostage-taker, and pre-incident indicators/behaviors of concern.
In addition, topics of brief discussion followed with handouts will include:
- The role of the BSU Counseling center
- The purpose and function of the Crisis Response Team.
- Emergency Alert System on Campus
- Evacuation routes on Campus
- Resources available to you as an employee at Bridgewater State University.
Registration: Registration Form
Last Modified: September 4, 2012