Post Baccalaureate Program Instructional Technology
This program is designed for students who have a bachelor's degree and seek initial licensure in Instructional Technology (all levels).
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be admitted by the School of Graduate Studies and the School of Education and Allied Studies.
· Undergraduate GPA must be a 2.8 or higher
· Three (3) appropriate letters of recommendation
At least one letter of recommendation should be an academic reference from a professor.
· A qualifying score on the Communication and Literacy skills portion of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL).
· Official Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work.
Please note that admissions decisions to the Post Baccalaureate Programs are made on rolling bases when applications are submitted within a reasonable time frame prior to the start of the academic semester.
Non-degree students will be allowed to enroll in two courses or six (6) credits prior to matriculation.
For those students admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Instructional Technology they will be allowed to transfer four (4) courses or twelve (12) credits into the Post Baccalaureate Program with the permission of the program coordinator providing that the courses completed meet the course requirements for the Post Baccalaureate Program
Students must complete the following courses:
INST 509 Foundations of Instructional Technology
INST 522 Instructional Design
INST 523 Information Access and the Internet
INST 524 Technology Leadership
INST 529 Assistive Technology
INST 596 Clinical Experience
Students successfully completing the program are eligible to apply for initial Massachusetts Licensure in Instructional Technology (all levels).
* For Clinical Experience six (6) credits are required unless three (3) credits waived by the School of Education and Allied Studies due to licensure status.
Last Modified: January 11, 2013