Setting up your Roommate Group
Roommate groups are used to pull people into a room, suite or apartment in
both the Same Room Sign-up and Web Lottery processes. You are able to set up roommate groups in MyHousing
at any point until you select your space. You may easily disband a group and form
a new one, if needed, before you make your room selection. Please remember
that for a group to be fully matched roommate requests must be mutual.
This means that all members of the group must select and confirm each other's
Things you need to know:
- Only students who paid their housing deposit by the deadline and
completed their license agreement may be added to a roommate group.
- Roommate requests must be mutual.
- Students must confirm or decline a roommate request.
- When you view your roommate group, the system will tell you if your
group is MATCHED or UNMATCHED.
- You will only see room options that work for your group size.
- If you are selecting an assignment in the same room sign-up process,
your roommate group must be fully MATCHED prior to same room sign-up and one
of the students currently living in the room/suite must login to finalize
your assignment during the same room sign-up process on April 16th or April
- If you are selecting a room in the lottery process, you may change your
group at any time before you make your selection. You should prepare for several
different options! For example: If you have a matched group of 4
but there are no quads or 4 person suites available at your selection time,
you will need to remove 2 people from your group in order to see rooms with
2 spaces available. The 2 students you remove from your group will
have to select spaces at their designated times.
Step by step instructions:
We recommend that you either open the room selection system
in a different window or print out this page so that you can follow the
directions while on the system.
- Log on to MyHousing by entering your Banner ID and pin number.
When prompted select to login to "MyHousing".
- To select a roommate, search for them via name or e-mail
address. Please note: If your desired
roommate has not completed their license agreement, you will
not be able to find them in the search or add them to your group.
- Your requested roommate(s) will have to confirm your
request. Once all of your group's requests are confirmed, your group is
matched and you will be able to select together in the same
room sign-up process or by using your
group's best lottery number.
- If your group is not matched, you will not be able to
select to live together when your time is activated in the
lottery process. All members must
request each other. If there are no rooms, suites or
apartments available that work for your group, you may
disband your group and reconfigure based on available
- If you are participating in the Same Room Sign-up process (either
selecting your own room/suite/apartment or being pulled in by someone else),
your selection must be made between April 16th and April 17th.
If you do not select during Same Room Sign-up you will receive an e-mail on
April 19th with a specific
time your account will be activated to make your selection. After this
e-mail is sent, you will also be able to see your selection time on the MyHousing website.
- Log on as often as you like between March 25th and your scheduled selection
time. Features available during this time:
- Browse available rooms and view floor plans (see what is available)
- View residence hall rates (residence hall costs for 2013-2014)
- Set up your roommate group
- Note: You may also find out about the individual residence halls by clicking on the different halls on the
On Campus Housing page.
For frequently asked questions about the Room Selection Process,
<-- Back to Room Selection 2013-2014
Last Modified: February 20, 2013