Pack Your Bags!
What to bring with you to Bridgewater State University
Welcome to the Bridgewater State University residential community. We are excited that you will be joining us this year! Packing for college can be a daunting task. You can use the list below as a guide to what to bring and what to leave at home.
- Pillows, pillowcases, towels, blankets, and extra long twin sheets (electric blankets are not permitted)
- Egg crate and/or mattress pad
- Desk lamps (halogen lamps are not permitted)
- Laundry bag, detergent and quarters
- Toiletries, shower caddy and shower shoes
- A wastebasket
- Alarm clock with battery back-up
- Plates, bowls, cups & utensils (paper or plastic)
- Area rug
- Surge protector
- Masking tape and/or white posting putty (duct tape and nails are not permitted)
- Under the bed storage bins
- Bed Risers (Cinderblocks or other homemade loft apparatus to raise beds are not permitted)
- Talk to roommate(s) about large items such as:
- Microwave (no larger than 1000 watts)
- Refrigerator (no larger than 1.4 amps)
- A safe for valuables
- If you live close by, bring seasonal clothes only
When packing, please keep in mind additional items not permitted in the residence halls according to the Residence Life and Housing Polices and Procedures found in the Student Handbook. For more prospective student information, see the Prospective Student section of our website.
Last Modified: July 28, 2010