Residence Life and Housing
The mission of the RLH Sustainability
Committee is to increase awareness of sustainability and to promote the
broad use of effective sustainable practices among professional staff and
resident students inside and outside of the residence halls.
How is Residence Life & Housing and the Sustainability Committee helping?
- Hosted "Get Caught Green Handed" program, rewarding students for
- Implemented residence hall posting policy that designated one bulletin board per residence hall for posting fliers and reduced the number of fliers posting in the residence halls for events.
- Participated in the "Do It in the Dark" program on campus to
encourage residents to reduce their use of electricity in the residence halls.
- Participated in Campus Clean-Up Day the the Community Service Office.
- Encouraged participation in
- Opened Crimson Hall in Fall 2007, a silver standard LEED Certified building.
- Opening Wegand Hall in Fall 2013, a gold standard LEED Certified
- Renovated Pope and
Scott Halls, which reopened in Fall 2009 as
LEED Certified buildings.
Helpful Hints & Resources
us on Facebook
Contact Erin Courville at 508.531.1312 or email@example.com
Last Modified: February 13, 2013