Wait List FAQs
- Can anyone be on the Wait List?
Only students who have been accepted to Bridgewater State University and have paid a deposit to attend the school will be included in the housing
- When will I find out my number on the Wait List?
You can log onto the Wait List website to see your number beginning in the
month of July for the fall semester or in December for the spring semester.
- How are Wait List numbers assigned?
There are two sets of numbers: one set for male housing and the other for female housing. Numbers are assigned based on class year and the date and time the student added his/her name to the
Wait List. For example, the senior female with the earliest application date would be assigned number 1 for female housing. The senior male with the earliest application date would be assigned number 1 for male housing. He would be the first person offered housing if a male space becomes available; she would be the first if a female space becomes available.
- Is distance considered in assigning Wait List numbers?
Distance from the university is not a criteria for the Wait List. Bridgewater State
University is a regional state institution. The mission of the university is to support South Eastern Massachusetts. Our department supports that mission by allowing all students the opportunity to live on campus.
- What are my chances of getting housing for the fall semester?
Based on past experience, there is a great demand for housing at the beginning of the fall semester. Very few students are placed from the
Wait List at that time. It is much more likely that you will be offered housing for the spring semester in January or February.
- My friend lives on campus now and wants me live with him. Can he pull me in?
Students are offered housing in order by Wait List number only.
- If I am not offered housing for the fall, does that mean I will get in for the spring?
Maybe not. It all depends on the number of students who leave housing at the end of the fall semester. In the past we have been able to offer many students from the
Wait List for the spring semester, but the number varies greatly from year to year..
- If I am not offered housing for the fall, will I have the same number for the spring?
Probably not, because it will be a different group of people. Some students will remove their names from the list while others will be added.
- Is there a deadline to apply for the Wait List?
Yes, July 1st for the fall semester and December 1st for the spring semester. Applications received after the deadline will be added to the bottom of the list in date order.
- When does the Office of Residence Life and Housing start offering spaces to people on the
As soon as we know there are spaces available. If spaces become available for the fall semester, it is not usually until late August, just before opening, or during the first week of classes.
- What happens if I am offered housing but cannot accept at that time?
Students who are offered housing but cannot accept at that time are given the option to reapply for the next semester. The application date changes to the date they reapply.
- Why are new students accepted with housing when I, and many others, are still on the
The Office of Admissions decides whether a student is accepted with housing based on his/her overall application and how early it is received. We reserve all beds in Shea, Durgin and Woodward for incoming freshmen. Our
Wait List is for any BSU student who does not currently live on campus and would like to, and for any incoming student who did not receive housing but wants to live on campus.
Return to the BSU Housing Wait List Page
Last Modified: January 17, 2011