Auditing a Course
Undergraduate and Graduate
Students may audit courses under the guidelines noted below. The
student will receive no academic credit for the courses, nor will a grade be
reflected in his or her cumulative grade point average.
- A student may audit a course subject to the approval of his or her
adviser or department chairperson and consent of the instructor.
- A student is subject to conditions established by the department and/or
instructor for the audited course.
- A student registering for credit has course enrollment preference over
an auditing student. Therefore, a student must register for audit only
during the drop/add period by submitting forms provided by the Registrar's
Office. A student's status as an auditor in a course cannot be changed
after the drop/add period.
- A student may register for one audit course per semester.
Exception may be granted by petition to the appropriate college dean.
- A student receives no credit for an audited course. The student's
academic record will reflect the course enrollment with the notation AU.
- A student will be charged the same tuition and fees for an audited
course as for a course taken for credit.
Last Modified: May 3, 2011