Three easy steps: Apply – Accept – Attend Orientation
Note: Applications will be accepted after the deadline on a space available basis.
Application Deadlines: To apply for the fall Semester the priority deadline is April 1, to apply for the spring semester, the priority deadline is November 1.
Transferring to BSU has never been easier; follow the three-steps outlined below for a successful transfer.
Transfer applicants are evaluated on the basis of their previous college work and must provide an official transcript from each college attended. To be eligible for admission, transfer students must have earned one of the following:
- 12 or more transferable college credits and a 2.5 college grade point average or
- 24 transferable college credits and a 2.0 grade point average
Second Degree Option: You may be admitted to the college to pursue an additional bachelor's degree in a field of study substantially different from your initial degree program if you have earned a bachelor's degree at Bridgewater State University or at another accredited institution. Note: Second bachelor degree candidates are subject to transfer admission deadlines of April 1 for fall entrance and November 1 for spring entrance. More information on completing a second bachelor's degree can be found in the university catalog under Undergraduate Admissions
NOTE: Transfer candidates that do not meet the above guidelines are evaluated on the basis of the freshmen requisites and are required to submit their high school transcripts and standardized test scores, if applicable. Please note that these are merely minimum grade point averages and do not guarantee admission.
You can apply online or print one of the application forms below. Send your application and transcript(s) to: Office of Admissions, Bridgewater State University, 131 Summer Street, Bridgewater, MA 02325. Your transcript(s) must arrive in a signed/sealed envelope from your transfer institution. You may hand carry or send them with your application if you have a copy, as long as they have been unopened.
Transfer Application (online)
Transfer Application (print)
MassTransfer Application (print)
For students with an associate degree in a linked program.
Joint Admissions Intent to Enroll Form (print) For students with an associate degree in a linked program.
Evening Application (online)
Once your application is received, you will receive a confirmation letter with instructions to check the status of your application online to determine if it is complete or if a decision has been made. Please visit this site periodically as the status will change as information is received and as the admission’s review process is completed.
- If anything is missing from your file, you will receive additional correspondence. However, if you do not hear from the Admissions office in a reasonable amount of time, check in with them to be sure your application has been received and it is complete.
To assist you in the transfer process, a transfer checklist has been designed for you. Print a copy for your records.
- Once a decision has been made, a letter will be mailed to you with your transfer credit evaluation and a deposit form.
- Return your deposit as soon as possible. Once your deposit is received, your place at the University is secure, and you will be invited to pre-register for your courses and register to attend one of several Transfer Transitions Programs to meet with an advisor. All transfer students are required to attend a mandatory Transfer Transitions Program. Pre-registration for courses and signup for the on-campus transfer transitions program are done on a first-come first-serve basis.
3. PRE-REGISTER AND ATTEND ORIENTATION
- New transfer students will pre-register for courses prior to attending a mandatory on-campus Transfer Transitions Program. Students will meet their advisor during the on-campus program. Once you deposit, you will receive additional information on how to proceed with the pre-registration process.
If you are part of the Early Joint Admissions Program or the MassTransfer Program and met the priority deadline for early admissions, you may qualify to participate in a special early registration program. Admissions will determine your eligibility and you will be invited to participate in this program. Please note, you will be required to come on campus to meet with an advisor.
- Get ready – get involved – and get excited! Bridgewater is an excellent choice for your degree completion.
If you have not toured Bridgewater's beautiful campus and would like to sign up for a tour, contact the Office of Admissions. Online tours are also available.
Last Modified: November 1, 2011