Transfer Credit Evaluation
Terms and Definitions - Below are a list of terms and definitions that will aid you in reading and interpreting your transfer credit evaluation and a sample of a transfer credit evaluation.
- Banner ID: Students' Banner IDs can be found on their Transfer Credit Evaluations.
- Transferable Credit: Transfer credit has been granted for course work completed at another accredited institution of higher education with a grade of C- or higher.
- Earned Hours: Earned Hours are determined by considering all transferable credit hours from accredited institutions as well as any coursework successfully completed at BSU.
- Course for Course Credit: Courses taken at another institution (left column of Transfer Credit Evaluation) that have been determined to have an equivalent course at BSU have been equated with the corresponding BSU course number and title (right column of Transfer Credit Evaluation).
- Elective Credit: Courses taken at another institution that do not have a specific equivalent course at BSU are designated as 1XX, 2XX, 3XX or 4XX. Students who would like to apply elective credit towards major or core requirements must meet with their academic advisor or talk to the transfer coordinator to discuss the process for approval.
Last Modified: March 31, 2011