Our Mission: To provide an actively
supportive learning environment by developing campus community through a
diverse, high quality and accessible array of services and programs for the campus community.
Our Vision Statement: The facility we envision is the heart of BSU, achieved through education, community, service, and inclusion.
- Student Employment Learning Opportunities (building manager, print shop, auditorium, marketing)
- Partnerships with Theater and Dance, Music, Communication, Art, Marketing Departments
- Collaboration with Sustainability, Office of Diversity, Leadership Programs, Undergraduate Research College of Graduate Studies, Social Justice
- Building relationships with campus departments and organizations
- Lounge Spaces for Community Gathering
- Programs (Commuter CAN Week, Breakfast Series, Campus MovieFest, Loading Dock Arts Festival)
- Student Employment Learning
- Parternships within the larger community and beyond
- Event Support
- Print Shop
- Meeting and Event Spaces
- Programs with Office of Diversity, Democracy Plaza
- Support all forms of open civil expression
- GLBTA Pride Center
The union is the community center of the college, serving students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests. By whatever form or name, a college union is an organization offering a variety of programs, activities, services, and facilities that, when taken together, represent a well-considered plan for the community life of the college.
The union is an integral part of the educational mission of the college.
The union's goal is the development of persons as well as intellects.
Traditionally considered the "hearthstone" or "living room" of the campus, today's union is the gathering place of the college. The union provides services and conveniences that members of the college community need in their daily lives and creates an environment for getting to know and understand others through formal and informal associations.
The union serves as a unifying force that honors each individual and values diversity. The union fosters a sense of community that cultivates enduring loyalty to the college.
Adopted by the Association of College Union's International's (ACUI) general membership in 1996, this statement is based on the Role of the College Union statement, 1956. For more information visit www.acui.org.
Last Modified: September 4, 2012