Centers & Initiatives Supported by the Office of Academic Affairs
Summary of Support Services Available
Support Services for each center and initiative varies greatly based on the
needs of the program. Work requests are accomplished in the order they are received
with special consideration given to time sensitive projects and events.
Assistance can be requested via e-mail, telephone, through one-on-one meetings,
or at Advisory Board meetings. Areas of support include the items below.
If you do not see the information below, please contact Maria Schaaf at
program needs can be diverse, consideration is given to all project requests.
Travel Reimbursements: (organize and submit Travel Vouchers for conferences and
Conference Registration: Register faculty (individually and in teams/groups) for a variety of
conferences utilizing pro-card (once approval is given via Request for
Travel Approval Forms)
Purchasing: Order supplies and educational materials with
Requisitions in Banner
or with pro-card.
Reimbursements: Submit receipts for reimbursement of general
expenses through Direct Pays
Compensation: Create and submit forms for compensation for faculty for
- Purchase Orders: Create standing order for Sodexho (for events) and submit invoices
- Service Contracts: Produce Commonwealth of Massachusetts Standard
Contract Forms for contracted vendors and honorariums; also
contact vendor/honorarium to ensure all forms (W-9, Terms and Conditions
form) are completed.
- Memberships and Subscriptions
- Deposit revenues
- Budget Transfers: Submit forms for transfer of funds
- Balance Updates: Provide Coordinators of Centers and Initiatives with budget/balance
information as requested.
*Please note: In order to be able to maintain
accurate expense reports, all submissions for payments should be processed
through the Office of Academic
Affairs (including reimbursements for travel and course development
grants, as well as, Additional Compensation forms for signature).
For Budget timelines, please see Timelines page.
- Reserve room(s) to fit requirements of event (meetings, workshops,
- Plan meals and arrange catering
- Submit contracts for
Honorariums/guest speakers (also work with BSU Travel Coordinator to
arrange hotel accommodations and travel from airport to hotel and back to
airport when required)
- Arrange Media Needs: Work with Events Coordinator to arrange for media
needs and room set-up to fit event
- Nametags & Handouts: Create handouts, make copies, assemble folders and/or
- Campus Announcements: Scribe and post announcements (by e-mail to distribution lists and
on community and student announcements); update announcement on website.
- Track RSVPs: Collect RSVPs and send reminder as event
- Arrange parking services and direction signs
participants at registration with advance notice.
- Perform periodic checks on day of events to
ensure that catering, media and details are all running according to plan;
and calculate and summarize participant evaluation results after event (when
For Event Planning assistance, please see
- Design and/or maintain program websites to include upcoming events and
announcements, updated course information, photos, news articles
highlighting events, and other changes as needed. Currently assist in the
management the following websites:
Please send requests for updates and changes via e-mail.
For web page edits and further information, please see Timelines page.
Other Support Services:
Last Modified: August 25, 2011