Veterans - Chapter 30 GI Bill
Veterans - Chapter 30 Activity Duty (G. I. Bill)
Enlisted after June 30, 1985
- Individuals with initial obligations of less than three years must have served two
continuous years of active duty. All others must serve three continuous years. Service
persons must complete two years of continuous duty.
- Individuals must be honorably discharged after completing required active duty service.
Must have participated in Chapter 30 program while on active duty. If separated from
service prior to obtaining the three year minimum service requirement. The veteran must
have been discharged under the following conditions:
- Service connected disability
- Pre-existing medical condition
- Convenience of the government (if completed twenty month of a two year obligation,
thirty months of a three year obligation of qualifying RIF)
- Veterans receives entitlement of thirty six months, but if separated for service
connected disability or hardship, veterans will receive one month of eligibility for each
month on active duty service.
- Entitlement is based on full-time enrollment and is reduced accordingly for less than
- Additional questions concerning eligibility and entitlement should be addressed through
the VA Regional Office in Boston:
- Toll Free Number : 1 - 800- 827 - 1000
- Copy of form DD-214 (From Original)
- Completed VA Form 22-1990 (Application) or VA Form 22-1995 (School Change)
- Verification of acceptance in degree program (admissions or graduate school)
- Complete Veterans Information Form each
and every semester!
Last Modified: July 23, 2008