Who can participate?
- All students who apply for graduation by the stated deadlines, and who are on track to successfully complete all degree program requirements by Commencement in May.
- All students who applied for graduation and successfully completed their degree program in August or December of the prior year.
- All students who will not complete their degree program by May, but who are approved to "walk" in May Commencement as outlined below:
Approval Process to "Walk" in the May Commencement Ceremony
- A student who will not finish his or her degree requirements during the spring semester but who wishes to participate in the May commencement ceremony must meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.00 at the end of the fall semester.
- A maximum of six (6) credit hours to complete after the spring semester, but no later than August of that year. All other exit requirements must be met.
If these criteria have been met, a student may submit a "Request to Walk" to the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies by April 16. That request should be addressed to:
William S. Smith Ph.D.
Dean, College of Graduate Studies
Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater, MA 02325
To receive final approval to "walk" by April the student must:
- Register for all outstanding courses. If any course will be taken at another college or university, pre-approval must be obtained and a copy of the student's schedule must be submitted to the Graduation Coordinator.
- File a graduation application for May, along with a copy of the student's schedule if any pre-approved courses are being taken at another college or university.
Once an eligible student's summer registration and graduation application status are verified, the student will receive an email notifying him/her that approval to "walk" has been granted. Any appropriate commencement materials that the student has not received will be mailed to the student of this time. Students will need to reapply for graduation in August by the June 1 deadline.
Students who are matriculating in 5-year or dual license programs must have completed all undergraduate
coursework by the Spring 2012 semester.
<< Important Dates | Graduate Main Page | Ticket Information >>