Graduation Central - Undergraduate
Etiquette and Protocols
Commencement is both a joyful and formal event. We ask that graduates and their guests adhere to the following guidelines to maximize enjoyment by all.
- Only graduates are allowed to proceed across the stage to receive their degrees (exceptions may be made for disabled graduates.)
- Alcohol is not permitted. Security officers will be present to seize any alcohol and to prohibit any graduate who may have already consumed alcohol from participating in the ceremony.
- Cell phones and pagers should be turned off or operate in silent mode during the ceremony.
- Any distracting noisemakers, such as air horns, or flying objects are prohibited and will be confiscated.
- Please do not take flash photographs during the ceremony. Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate as they receive their diploma from the president and another as they exit the stage.
<< Photography | Undergrad Main Page | Keynote Speaker >>