Group Study Room Use Policy
Maxwell Library has dedicated specific rooms in its facility for group study. The Library recognizes that there is a shortage of space on campus reserved for small groups of students to work together and have access to computers and playback equipment.
Location: 113, 222, 223, 303, 304
- A group is defined as between two and six students.
- Students requesting the use of group study rooms must have a valid Bridgewater State University student identification card. The rooms cannot be reserved-the request for room use must be made in person.
- The group study room and the key to it will be checked out to one of the students in the group at Circulation Services on the first floor. Please note that at least two people need to be present at check-out.
- The room can be used in two hour increments with a maximum use of four hours total.
- The room should not be left unattended or unlocked. The Library is not responsible for students’ lost or stolen personal property.
- The student who checked out the room and the key is responsible for returning the key to Circulation Services. The key must be returned at the designated time. If not, a $1.00 per hour fine will be charged to the student’s account. If the key is lost, a $50.00 replacement fee will be charged to the student’s account. If the computer and/or playback equipment is damaged because of carelessness or improper use, a replacement fee will be charged to the student’s account depending on the extent of the damage.
- Group study rooms are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
User Responsibility Statement:
The student who checks out a group study room accepts full responsibility for any damage incurred while the room is in his/her custody. Once the room has been checked out, the student responsible for the room is strongly encouraged to inspect the room and report any pre-existing damage to the room itself, the furniture, the computer and the playback equipment.