Bridgewater State University - logo

Military Credit

Transfer Central

Military Credit

For those of you who have taken courses at an accredited institution while serving in the military, simply have a transcript sent to Bridgewater's Office of Admissions. If you are seeking credit for experiences, training (i.e. basic training) or credentials not obtained from an accredited institution, you must request an official Joint Services Transcript (JST) and send it to the Office of Admissions.

JST will replace the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS), and the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART).

JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member’s military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding course credit, contact the Office of Admissions or Transfer Central.