The GRE at BSU
Graduate Record Exam (GRE Gen. Revised)
The GRE revised General Test, introduced in August 2011, features a new test-taker friendly design and new question types. It more closely reflects the kind of thinking you'll do in graduate or business school and demonstrates that you are ready for graduate-level work. The exam consists of the following sections:
- Verbal Reasoning: Measures your ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences and recognize relationships among words and concepts.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Measures problem-solving ability, focusing on basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis.
- Analytical Writing: Measures critical thinking and analytical writing skills, specifically your ability to articulate and support complex ideas clearly and effectively.
Visit the official GRE website at ets.org/gre
for official study guides, sample questions, and general exam information.
Scheduling an Appointment
BSU Testing administers the computer-based GRE revised General Test six days a week, Monday through Saturday, at 10:00am. We also offer an evening GRE session on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 4:00pm.
To schedule, reschedule, or cancel your GRE appointment, you must do so through the official GRE website; click on the button below to create a GRE account and register for your test session at BSU:
- How much does the exam cost?
$175, payable at the time of registration. Note that other fees apply for cancellations, rescheduling, and additional transcript requests.
- What is my score out of?
Scores for the revised General GRE range from 130-170 (in 1-point increments) for the Verbal and Quantitative sections. Essays are scored on a scale of 0-6 (in half-point increments)
- How many schools/fellowships can I send my GRE scores to?
You may designate up to four graduate schools or fellowship sponsors as score recipients on the day of your test. Additional score report requests, or requests made after your test session, cost $25 per recipient.
- How long will it take for my designated graduate schools to get my GRE results?
Scores will be sent to you and your designated score recipients 10-15 business days after your test date.
- I have more questions about the GRE. Where can I find answers to my questions?
Visit the official GRE FAQ page by clicking here.
Last Modified: November 8, 2012
Scores by Phone
BSU Contact Info
BSU Testing Services
Ground Floor, Room 001
Academic Achievement Ctr.
10 Shaw Rd.
Bridgewater, MA 02325