Access and Use your BSU Email Account
- Start to use your BSU email today! It was sent from BSU Accounts (BSUAccounts@bridgew.edu) to the personal email address provided in your application.
- To access your email, use the link provided in the communication sent from IT. You can also access your email on the student portal by clicking on email from the left navigation bar.
- IMPORTANT: Login to your BSU email with the default password. You will be prompted to set up MFA before resetting your password. You can find information on MFA here.
- All information is sent to your BSU email. Don’t miss important information: Be sure to check daily!
- If you have not received your BSU email account information from BSU Accounts:
- First, check your junk or spam folder.
- Contact IT support at 508.531.2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu and provide them with the following information.
- Banner ID
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
Complete Placement Testing ASAP
- Students must complete Math and Writing placement to choose fall classes and meet with an advisor in the Academic Achievement Center. View information on how to complete placement testing.
If you have a documented disability and need to request testing accommodations, please contact Student Accessibility Services at 508.531.2194 or SAS@bridgew.edu.
Connect with Bears Now!
Download the BSU Mobile App and Join the New Bears Wall
- The BSU Mobile App allows you to connect with your peers through the Mobile App wall and includes access to other campus resources.
- Log in today using your BSU email address and password to see all the features. Be sure to introduce yourself on the New First Year Fall 2021 Wall!
- Once you log in:
- Navigate to Campus Guide (the second tab).
- Scroll to the “New Bears” section.
- Select “New First Year” tile.
- Then “Join the New First Year Wall” to connect to your fellow New Bears!
Navigating Your Crimson & White Experience
- The Bear Launch kickstarts your Crimson and White experience.
- Sign up Today!
- You can choose a one-on-one phone call or a small group video chat with our orientation team (OTEAM).
- This call with an orientation leader will provide you with a better understanding of the orientation process and an opportunity for you to get answers to any questions.
Complete Crimson & White Beginnings
- Crimson & White Beginnings is a two-part self-guided virtual tool to introduce you to the advising and registration process, as well as the campus community and its wide array of services.
- Part #1: AVAILABLE NOW to provide you with the tools for financial success and introduce you to the advising and registration process.
- Part #2: AVAILABLE NOW to provide you a snapshot of BSU life with the opportunity to learn about the community, discover ways to become involved and explore our many resources.
- Please note: When you log in, the username is case sensitive. For example, JDOE@student.bridgew.edu is different than firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Advising and Registration
Advising & Registration is a combination of individual preparation and one-on-one advising appointments with your Academic Advisor from the Academic Achievement Center to discuss your goals, answer questions, and finalize your first semester schedule!
- Be on the lookout for an Advising Welcome email from the Academic Achievement Center (email@example.com). This important information will contain your placement information, recommended courses to register for, resources so you can begin to register on your own, and a link to schedule your required one-on-one advising appointment with an academic advisor as soon as possible. Please note: Students must complete all placement testing before the Advising welcome email can be sent.
- Follow the instructions in your Advising Welcome email to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor and register for classes. If you have questions about which courses to register for, that is ok! Do your best and write down questions you would like to ask your advisor when you meet.
- Attend your advising appointment. During this one-on-one appointment your advisor will review your schedule, help you to make any necessary adjustments, and answer questions for you.
Attend Virtual Bear Plaza in July
- This virtual fair is your chance to connect live with campus resources and services.
- Staff, faculty and students will be available to introduce you to their services and answer any questions.
- Mark your calendar to attend one or both virtual fairs on July 27 at 3:30 - 5 p.m. and July 28 at 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Information about how to connect to these events will be sent to your BSU email address in early July.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not get this information.
Attend Crimson & White Day in August
- The Bear community is awaiting your arrival!
- Crimson & White Day is your opportunity to meet the BSU community and begin to make connections with your fellow Bears.
- Crimson & White Day is a virtual program that takes place on August 3 or August 4 from 1-3:30 p.m.
- You will receive an email with the link to your assigned date in July.
Attend Bear Essentials for Academic Success
- During Bear Essentials for Academic Success you will meet your Advisors in the Academic Achievement Center to learn about your BSU degree requirements, what to expect in your first semester, academic supports available to you, and tips on succeeding in online and hybrid courses.
- Bear Essentials for Academic Success will be held virtually on Tuesday, August 24. Please check your BSU email for details on the event and the link to RSVP.