1. Register for Placement Testing
- Math and writing placement testing must be completed in order to register for your courses. This must be completed before you attend your orientation session.
- Registration for your placement testing and your essay prompt can be found at: https://bit.ly/bsuplacement.
- If you have a documented disability and want to request testing accommodations, contact Disability Resources at least one week before your scheduled testing at 508-531-2194 or Disability_Resources@bridgew.edu.
2. Register for Your Orientation Session
- Orientation is a very important step in your successful transition to BSU.
- There is a one day session on January 14. In case of inclement weather, the snow date will be January 17. We recommend marking both dates in your calendar
- Register at http://bit.ly/BSUJan2020.
3. Have Your Parent/Guardian Register for Family Orientation
- Parents/Guardians are invited to attend an optional orientation session that introduces them to university resources and ways they can support you while at BSU.
- Family members are sent information about this one-day program to the email you provided for your parent/guardian on the admission application. If none was provided, this information is sent directly to you.
- Have your Parent/Guardian register for Family Orientation at http://bit.ly/BSUFamilyOrientation.
4. Submit Final High School Transcript & AP Scores
- Final high school transcript must be received as soon as possible and no later than January 22, 2020.
- Have your transcript sent to email@example.com or by mail to the Office of Admissions Welcome Center, 45 Plymouth Street, Bridgewater, MA 02325.
- Do you have AP scores? Depending on the score, you can earn college credit!
- Request CollegeBoard to send your scores directly using code #3517 for BSU.
5. Complete Your Student Health Form
- Full-time students must submit a student health & wellness form to The Wellness Center located in Weygand Hall within 30 days of registering for classes.
- Health forms can be found at https://bit.ly/BSUHealthRecord.
- Deadline for opting out of the University Health Plan is February 28, 2020. Go to http://bit.ly/BSUHealthPlan.
6. Submit Your Residence Hall License Agreement
- Submit your $250 housing deposit.
- You will then receive instructions to complete your Residence Hall License Agreement, where you will select your meal plan and complete your Roommate Matching Profile.
- All information will be sent to your BSU email.
7. Complete the SPARC Course
- Complete SPARC: The Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course will be available on your Blackboard dashboard. Completion of this course is required for all incoming BSU students.
- Deadline to complete the course is January 24, 2020.
- Instructions will be sent to your BSU email with information on how to access the course.
8. Verify Your BSU User Account
- Start to use your BSU email today! It was sent from BSU Accounts to the personal email address provided in your application.
- If you have any questions about accessing your account, please contact IT support at 508-531-2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu.
- Be sure to check your BSU and personal email until the first day of classes.
Classes start Wednesday, January 22!
Legacy Page Title
Checklist for Spring 2020 First Year Students
Legacy Node ID
Legacy Content Type