1. Access your BSU user account
As a new student at BSU, you will receive an email from BSUaccounts@bridgew.edu at the email address used to create your admission account. IMPORTANT: please update your personal email in your BSU admissions account portal with your NEW BSU email address - not doing this will result in being unable to move forward with the remaining steps.
- Sign into your Admissions Account.
- Select update profile.
- Update your email.
- Save changes and close.
All information will now be sent to your BSU email. If you have any questions about accessing your account, please contact IT Support at 508-531-2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu.
2. Retrieve your personal identification number (PIN)
Once you access your User Account, you need to retrieve your PIN, which is required to access other electronic services on campus such as InfoBear, DegreeWorks, and your course registration. Please retrieve your PIN at https://services.bridgew.edu/bannerID/.
If you are experiencing difficulties retrieving your PIN, please contact IT Support at 508-531-2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu.
3. Complete your Transfer Beginnings Online Program
It's time for you to dive in and explore Bridgewater State University as a new bear. Transfer Beginnings will assist you in learning more about the BSU campus along with how to register for your courses. Please follow the link to access Transfer Beginnings. Be sure to follow Transfer Beginnings all the way to the end completing the quiz and signing up for your Transfer Welcome. Once you complete Transfer Beginnings, you will be automatically cleared to register for your courses.
If you have questions, please contact Transfer Services at 508-531-2686 or TransferCentral@bridgew.edu.
4. Sign up and attend your Virtual Transfer Welcome on January 25, 2021 from 12-4 p.m.
(Note: Signup is available at the end of Transfer Beginnings)
The Transfer Welcome introduces you to the next phase of your academic life. All new day transfer students are required to register and attend the Transfer Welcome. This event will take place on January 25, 2021 and will be held virtually. One week before the event, more information will be sent to your new BSU email address, as well as the email address that you used at the time of creating your application.
If you have questions, please contact Transfer Services at Transfercentral@bridgew.edu or 508.531.2686.
5. Register for your courses
Transfer online program, completed in STEP #3, taught you how to register for your courses using the online registration system called InfoBear. The sooner you register for classes, the more options you will have in selecting courses that meet your scheduling and academic needs. If you have the appropriate math and english courses and/or SAT scores on file, you will not be required to complete placement testing.
Advising appointments are optional. If you would like to meet with a transfer advisor, sign-up here.
If you have a documented disability and need to request testing accommodations, please contact Student Accessibility Services at 508.531.2194 or SAS@bridgew.edu.
6. Submit all final official college transcripts
If you have not already done so, send all final official transcripts from previously attended institutions to the Office of Admission. Accurate placement testing requirements, transfer credit evaluations, and degree audits cannot be determined until these documents have been received and processed.
7. Submit your BSU Health & Wellness Form
You must have a Student Health and Wellness Form on file with the Office of Health Services within 30 days of registering for classes. Please allow enough time to have your doctor’s signature and appropriate inoculations, if needed. If you have questions about your health form, contact 508-531-1252.
If you wish to waive your health insurance, please opt out by following the steps outlined on the University Health Plan.
8. Connect Card ID & Parking PermitTo obtain your parking permit, please click: MyParking. For more information, please contact 508-531-2897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain your BSU Connect Card ID, please click: https://bsuform3.wufoo.com/forms/connect-cardnew-id-photo-submission/. For more information, please contact 508-531-2897 or email@example.com.
9. Download the BSU mobile app and join the New Bears
The BSU Mobile App includes access to campus resources, your class schedule, campus map and more. You can log in on the app as soon as you have your BSU User Account; use your full email address and your newly created password to see all the features.
Navigate to Campus Services (the second tab), scroll to the “New Bears” section and select “New Transfer” tile. Then “Join the New Student Wall” to connect to your fellow New Bears and important resources.
10. Attend Crimson & White Day on January 12, 2021 (Optional)
Crimson & White Day is a virtual one-day program for first year and transfer students that provides you with the opportunity to discover resources and opportunities that interest you. It also gives you a chance to connect with fellow classmates, BSU student leaders, and the greater BSU community. Crimson & White Day takes place on January 12. You will receive an email with the link in early January.
11. Schedule your Pre-Orientation Welcome Call (Optional)Orientation Leaders are standing by to welcome you to BSU! This is an opportunity for you to connect with one of your peers who will walk you through the orientation process and answer any questions you might have. If you are feeling nervous or wondering what it is like to be a BSU student, take this opportunity to speak to another student. The best way to prepare for this call is to review this Transfer Checklist and write down any questions you may have. Please note this is not an advising appointment. Schedule your Pre-orientation welcome call today!
Go to www.bridgew.edu/transfer-orientation for up-to-date transfer information.
If you have questions regarding the Transfer Student Checklist, please contact: