In these uncertain times brought on by concerns over COVID-19, our highest priority is to ensure that all members of our campus community are safe and healthy. Though we would prefer that you visit our beautiful campus and see first-hand the many impressive opportunities that await you at Bridgewater State University, unfortunately this is not feasible at this time. All BSU students have moved to an online curriculum for the remainder of the semester, our faculty and staff are telecommuting and those living on campus have moved back home.
We know that the coronavirus outbreak comes at a time when prospective students, their families and school counseling professionals are navigating the college admissions process and making important decisions about which college to attend. At BSU, we have fully adapted our admissions events and processes to provide you with the information and assistance you need in making college decisions:
- Our Admission Counselors and staff are on the job – virtually. They are here to help you and answer your questions. We are making admission decisions and admission offers daily. You may email the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you would like to submit information.
- We have transformed our four Admitted Student Days, planned for March and April, to Virtual Admitted Student Days, offered online! The first virtual session is planned for March 27th.
- We have postponed all campus visits through at least May 17 to protect your health and that of our students, faculty and staff. But we have a great Virtual Tour on our website – it’s the next best thing to being here. The tour also can be used as a self-guided walking tour of campus for those who would like to physically come to campus while adhering to “social distancing” and any other recommendations given by the CDC.
- We are extending our deposit deadline, indicating a student’s intent to enroll at BSU, by one month to June 1. Also, for students who intend to enroll but face a financial hardship, this deposit requirement can be waived. Just email me at email@example.com with this request. We still encourage students to submit their deposit as soon as they have decided to attend BSU so that we may start the enrollment process.
- We are offering as much online content as possible on the BSU website to help prospective students and their families get to know us and understand why this is such a great place. New content is being added daily.
Please reach out to me directly if I can help you answer any questions or navigate this process in any way! The best way to contact me is at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to helping you in any way possible through this troubling and confusing time.
Gregg A. Meyer, MBA, BSOE
Dean of University Admissions
Bridgewater State University