Subject: Spring Semester COVID Health Protocols - A Message from President Clark
As we near the end of the Fall semester, I first want to wish you good luck with final exams, papers and assignments. I also want to thank you for following the measures we have put in place to protect the campus from the COVID-19 virus; our protocols are working well and keeping our community as safe as possible. Accordingly, we will be extending our existing protocols into the Spring semester. Below, we have outlined those requirements.
Prior to departing for the holiday break, we encourage you to pick up a free rapid test kit and, as an added precaution, to take a test prior to returning to campus in the spring. Below, please see a list of places and times where you can receive your free test kits.
We also encourage everyone who is eligible to get the bivalent “booster” vaccine, which is effective against the Omicron variants of COVID.
BSU’s COVID-19 webpage has all the information you need about BSU’s requirements, to sign up for a booster vaccination, to report a positive test result, and attest to being vaccinated.
Spring 2023 Semester Protocols
Free Rapid Test Distribution (Prior to Winter Break)
Tinsley Center, Front Lobby:
- Monday - Friday from 7am - 10pm
- Saturday from 10am - 5pm
- Sunday from 3pm - 10pm
RSU, Info Desk (through December 16; new days/times starting December 17 will be shared later):
- Monday - Saturday from 7:30am - 11pm
- Sunday from 1pm - 11pm
Additional Locations and Times for Commuter Students:
- Tuesday, December 13th from 8:30am - 11am, Spring Street Parking Lot
- Wednesday, December 14th from 9am - 11am, Bridgewater Bagel
- Wednesday, December 14th from 11:30am - 2pm, Weygand Commuter Lounge (by the Parking Garage)
- Thursday, December 15th from 9am - 5pm, RSU 007
Additional Locations and Times for Residential Students:
- All building RA offices will have tests available starting December 15 from 10am- 5pm and 7pm- midnight. Last date for pick up will be December 22 by 5pm.
- Residence Halls. Students who will live in BSU residence halls will need to provide evidence of a negative COVID test (rapid tests are acceptable) prior to moving into residence halls for the Spring semester. Students can upload results here.
- Free rapid test kits will be available to the BSU community through the Wellness Center and at other on-campus distribution sites throughout the Spring semester.
- We ask that all members of our campus community who are COVID-positive or want to report exposure to COVID, please complete our COVID 19 reporting form.
- Mask Optional Campus. BSU will continue to be mask optional throughout most of the campus.
- Classrooms/Instructional Spaces. As was the case this semester, masks will be required for students in all classrooms and instructional spaces during scheduled class times. Faculty continue to have the option of NOT requiring mask wearing in their classes.
- Wellness Center. Masks will continue to be required in the Wellness Center, as they are in all health care settings in Massachusetts.
- Single-Occupancy Offices. Employees have the option of requiring that a mask be worn in their individual single-occupancy offices.
- Supplies. Free medical procedure masks will be available throughout the Spring semester to all members of the BSU community.
- Vaccination Requirement. All members of the campus community are required to be vaccinated with an FDA approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- Returning Students. If you are a returning student who has already attested to your vaccination status or previously requested and received an exemption from the vaccination mandate, you do NOT need to take any further action for the Spring semester.
- New Students. All incoming new and transfer students attending Spring classes in-person and/or using BSU facilities are required to be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccines and can attest to being vaccinated here.
- Medical/Religious Exemption. Medical and religious exemptions will be accommodated according to state and federal law. If you have a sincerely held religious belief that prevents you from vaccination against COVID-19 or a documented medical exemption, please download the appropriate form below and then contact the Wellness Center at 508.531.1252 once you have completed the exemption form:
I wish you all a joyous holiday season and new year. Thank you once again for working together to keep our campus healthy and safe.
Frederick W. Clark Jr., Esq.