Business Administration, MBA
Return on investment is an important business indicator; it’s also an important part of our MBA program.
Why get an MBA? In a word, opportunity. The MBA is a degree that sets you apart and helps position you for advancement in organizations of any size and type. Bridgewater’s MBA program provides the knowledge and skills you need to excel in managerial and executive positions within a wide range of organizations.
In addition, the value of an MBA is not limited strictly to corporate environments. It can also be useful for those pursuing a managerial career in the public sector, government, not-for-profit, small business, and other arenas. And speaking of value, our MBA program teaches you critical thinking and analysis, decision-making, communication, and leadership without the huge price tag you find with other MBA programs – leading to a significant return on investment.
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience and research in economics, finance, marketing, operations, management and accounting
- Development of decision-making, communications and analytical skills
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Full- and part-time program options
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
Graduate Program Coordinator: Dr. Peter Sietins at MBAChair@bridgew.edu.
Graduate Student Ambassador: Mackenzie Finn
- Online application - A completed application and $50 application fee
- Résumé- A résumé which demonstrates the applicant’s potential for leadership and academic achievement as evidenced by activities during his or her professional career or undergraduate business studies
- Transcripts - Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Bachelor's Degree - A bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university; if the degree has not yet been awarded at the time of application, the successful applicant must be nearing completion of the bachelor’s degree
- Letters of Recommendation - Three letters of recommendation, at least one each from academic and professional references
- GMAT or GRE Scores - Official copy of scores from the GMAT or GRE*
- Personal Statement - Prepare a brief, but careful statement regarding the reasons you want to pursue graduate work in this field, your specific interest and experiences in this field, and your career goals.
NOTE: Applicants to the MBA degree program who meet specific provisions will be considered for admission without submitting a GMAT score. If, upon review, the applicant is considered admissible without a GMAT score, that requirement will be waived. The following provisions qualify an applicant to be considered for the GMAT waiver:
- An advanced degree (e.g. master’s, doctorate, JD, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- A professional business – related certificate or license in the United States that requires a test of field specific knowledge, work experience, and at least a baccalaureate degree (e.g. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- An earned undergraduate degree within the last 10 years, with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.3. Degree field must have included a significant amount of coursework in business, mathematics or quantitative analysis.
- An earned undergraduate degree within the last 10 years, with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0+ a minimum of five (5) years of professional (non-– clerical, nine – support) managerial work experience including supervisory roles, with increasing responsibility during that period. Degree feels considered must have included a significant amount of coursework in business, mathematics or quantitative analysis
- An earned Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations from Bridgewater State University with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and no course grade below a B-.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request a GMAT score from an applicant even if these conditions are met.
Priority Application Deadlines
Foundation courses may be waived if granted Advanced Standing status. Students may be admitted with “Advanced Standing” if their prior coursework covers some or all of the Foundation courses. Eligibility will be determined upon application. Depending on the student’s Advanced Standing status, the requirements for the degree range from 33 to 48 credit hours. Please contact Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Peter Sietins, at MBAChair@bridgew.edu for advising.
ACFI 535 - Accounting for Decision Making
ACFI 585 - Finance for Decision Making
ACFI 593 - Financial Statement Analysis
MGMT 536 - Global Management
MGMT 560 - Managing People and Organizations
MGMT 565 - Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
MGMT 571 - Organizational Culture and Work Force Diversity
MGMT 582 - Business Intelligence/Analytics
MGMT 594 - Marketing Management and Strategy
MGMT 595 - Strategic Management
MGMT 598 - Leadership, Ethics and Corporate Accountability
Total Minimum Credits: 33
***For the most up-to-date information regarding course descriptions, please visit our University Catalog.
Business Foundations Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations will provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities required of both new professionals and experienced managers to advance in their careers. The curriculum is designed to develop core competencies that apply to managerial positions in all industries: accounting, finance, marketing, management, economics and statistics.
This program will offer an excellent opportunity for people with non-business backgrounds to earn a graduate-level certificate. If you are subsequently accepted into our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, your certificate courses may be applied to the MBA to reduce the overall credit requirement.
- No GMAT required
- Low tuition cost
- Designed for those with little or no business training
- Can be completed in as few as two semesters (one year)
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- The application committee recommends students have earned at least a 2.8 undergraduate GPA. Additional consideration will be given to applicants who hold an advanced degree (e.g. master’s, doctorate, JD, etc.) or have earned a professional certification such as the CPA, CMA, CFA, PMP or CPIM.
- An official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended, whether a degree was completed or not. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted.
- One letter of recommendation addressing the applicant’s abilities to successfully complete a graduate business program.
- A professional résumé
- A one-page personal statement detailing your reasons for seeking a graduate business education, your short-and long-term professional and personal goals, and how you think this graduate certificate program will help you achieve them.
The Business Foundations Certificate consists of the six courses (18 credits) listed below. One course may be waived based on undergraduate coursework.
Note: If you are interested in taking courses in Fall 2017 in Attleboro that would substitute for required MBA foundation courses, please contact email@example.com for advising.
- ACFI 200 - Financial Accounting (undergraduate)
- ECON 501 - Foundations of Business Statistics (graduate)
- MGMT 507 - Foundations of Marketing (graduate, online)
- ACFI 501 - Foundations of Corporate Finance (graduate)
- ECON 500 - Foundations of Economics (graduate, online)
- MGMT 509 - Foundations of Management (graduate)
*Funding options are not available for Graduate Certificate programs
The College of Graduate Studies provides various opportunities for graduate students to receive funding while working towards their degrees. Appointments are competitive and are determined by undergraduate and/or graduate grade point averages, pertinent experience, educational preparation and interviews. For information on assistantships, fellowships and conference funding awards, please visit our Graduate Funding Opportunities page.
The Master of Business Administration program is eligible for unsubsidized student loans and applicants are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. For more specific questions, please visit the Financial Aid Office website or contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more about Bridgewater? View an online copy of our viewbook!
View our graduate events page to RSVP to information sessions, workshops and seminars.
Bridgewater offers competitive tuition and fees for graduate students both in and out of state.
Create an account to start your application to a graduate program today!