Career Services provides a full range of services, resources and programs for our alumni population.
Alumni can schedule an appointment with a career counselor to discuss your career path, review resumes and cover letters, discuss the job search and graduate school advising. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
BSU Alumni can select from the following list of services, resources and programs that best fit their needs.
Handshake is the nation’s largest career development platform connecting students and alumni to career resources, recruiting events, internships and jobs across the country. It is a one-stop shop for employers, local and worldwide. You can access your Handshake profile from any computer or mobile device.
Alumni: Class of December 2019 and later:
Your profile was created for you while at BSU and is still active. Please do not request a new profile as we cannot have duplicate records in the system. You will need to update the email address in the system from your BSU email to another email account to be able to log-in and update your password and profile. We will be happy to assist you with the process, please email email@example.com with your full name, new email address and phone number.
Alumni: Class of August 2019 and earlier:
Your profile was not automatically transferred to Handshake, but you are welcome to create a free account! Click on “No Account? Sign Up Here” in the upper right hand corner. Please fill out your profile completely and keep it public until after your profile is approved. Profiles marked “private” prevent us from granting access. Once approved, you can set your profile settings to private if you choose.
You already have a Handshake account created for you. Click on “Bridgewater State University Log-in,” and sign-in with your full @student.bridgew.edu email address and the corresponding password. If you are already logged into your email, you should pass right through.
- FOCUS is a self-paced, online career guidance tool used to assist you in self-assessment and career exploration. Users of FOCUS learn to make more realistic decisions about their goals and plans, how to self-manage their careers and the importance of adaptability in these times of change. In order to login, you must create an account on the FOCUS site. To create an account or login as a returning user, visit the FOCUS career site. The Access Code is Bridgew.
- What Can I Do With This Major? is a good resource for exploring options you have with the major you chose in college.
Search for Jobs
Career Services Guides
- Post jobs and internship for your organization
- Host students for a job shadow day or participate in a Road Trips Program.
- Participate in a Career Panel Program
- Assist with our Practice Interview Program
- Present a Career Focused Workshop
- For more information on these programs contact Career Services
The BSU Student and Alumni Networking Group on LinkedIn is comprised of alumni and students who have BSU in common and want to network with each other. Use LinkedIn, an online network of experienced professionals from around the world, to network with contacts in your field and brand your professional image to employers. The group provides a great service to participants with a BSU connection, who are both learning and practicing networking as well as reaching out for support with career development and growth.
You can use the site to post a discussion of interest regarding networking or respond to an already posted question. A student or fellow alumnus may contact you directly through email or messaging to ask questions regarding careers, majors, networking, internships, job searching and other career related topics.
How Do I Get Started?
- If you are not already on LinkedIn, go to LinkedIn.com and create a profile that details your education and work experience for other professionals to see. The following YouTube video provides recommendations for building your profile.
- Once your profile is complete, search for the BSU Student and Alumni Networking Group in the search box and request to be a member.
- After you have been accepted to the group and read the Group Rules, you can participate in all of the ways described above.
With more than 675+ million members in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, LinkedIn is the world's largest online professional network.
How to Build a LinkedIn Profile
To help you get started in creating your LinkedIn profile, check out the following links:
- Building a Great Profile
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- Creating a Good LinkedIn Profile
- Building Your Professional Brand
Networking on LinkedIn
To help you get started on creating your network on LinkedIn and to gain a better understanding of how networking works on LinkedIn, check out the following links:
- Building Your Professional Network
- Your Network and Degrees of Connection
- Networking On LinkedIn Tip Sheet
For tips about networking etiquette, review our Networking: Making Connections Guide.
LinkedIn Cheat Sheet
To better help you navigate the ins and outs of LinkedIn, please refer to our LinkedIn Cheat Sheet.
For additional tips on how to best utilize LinkedIn, please visit LinkedIn for Students.
Questions? Check out the LinkedIn Help webpage.