Post-Bacc Health Professions and Pre-Medical Sciences Program (PHPPMS)
The Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions and Pre-Medical Sciences Program (PHPPMS) is designed for students with a bachelor's degree, who need to strengthen their academic credentials with the necessary coursework to be competitive applicants to medical school or other health career programs.
The Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions and Pre-Medical Sciences Program (PHPPMS) is a pathway for students who have earned a four year degree, but need to complete the necessary coursework to be eligible to apply to medical school or other health career programs. Students may use courses and credits earned from previous institutions to fulfill the certificate requirements. However, students are required to take at least 16 credits and have a minimum GPA of 3.2 at Bridgewater State University to receive a letter of recommendation from the Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions and Pre-Medical Sciences Advisory Committee.
*Applicants are welcome to apply even if they do not intend to complete the entire certificate.
Program Chair: Dr. Steve Haefner
- Online application - A completed application and $50 application fee
- Transcripts - Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work, including proof of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university; if the degree has not yet been awarded at the time of application, the successful applicant must be nearing completion of the bachelor’s degree
- Minimum GPA - 3.0
- Letters of Recommendation - Two letters of recommendation, at least one from academic and professional references
- Personal Statement - Prepare a brief statement regarding the reasons you want to pursue graduate work in this field, your specific interest and experiences in this field, and your career goals.
Core Course Requirements:
- BIOL 121 General Biology I
- BIOL 200 Cell Biology
- CHEM 141 Chemical Principles I
- CHEM 142 Chemical Principles II
- CHEM 243 Organic Chemistry I
- PHYS 181 General Physics I
- PHYS 182 General Physics II
- BIOL 251 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 252 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 301 Essentials of Microbiology and/or BIOL413 Medical Microbiology
- CHEM 244 Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 352 Foundations of Biochemistry
The College of Graduate Studies provides various opportunities for graduate students to receive funding while working towards their degrees. Appointments are competitive and are determined by undergraduate and/or graduate grade point averages, pertinent experience, educational preparation and interviews. For information on assistantships, fellowships and conference funding awards, please visit our Graduate Funding Opportunities page.
The PHPPMS is eligible for unsubsidized student loans and applicants are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. For more specific questions, please visit the Financial Aid Office website or contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more about Bridgewater? View an online copy of our viewbook!
View our graduate events page to RSVP to information sessions, workshops and seminars.
Bridgewater offers competitive tuition and fees for graduate students both in and out of state.
Create an account to start your application to a graduate program today!