Find two resources below for building your knowledge and expertise about the CAP Process.
1. DESE CAP Modules
Get trained:Access the 6 new easy-to-use DESE CAP Modules . Work through the 6 modules at your own pace. Find, print and fill out the Certificate of Completion at the end of each module.
Another way to get CAP training is by calibrating with your SP / PS using the following resources:
If you run into any issues, please contact Heather Pacheco-Guffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. CAP Calibration Training
Get PDPs for your training:
For SPs to receive PDPs for the completion of these modules, you will need to complete our online form and upload your filled-in Certificate of Completion. You’ll need to do this for each module you complete. Each module takes about 15 minutes to complete. You will receive 1 PDP for 1 hour of work on these modules.
To start the process for getting trained through the DESE CAP Modules:
- Classroom Instruction Videos and Sample Observation & Feedback Calibration Activities: http://www.doe.mass.edu/edeval/resources/calibration/videos.html
- Sample Calibration Protocols and Activities: http://www.doe.mass.edu/edeval/resources/calibration/ProtocolsActivities.html
- Complete one or more DESE CAP Modules .
- Print, fill out and photo /scan the Certificate of Completion that is available to you upon completion of each DESE CAP Module. Save the scanned file/photo somewhere you can easily find it. If the certificate is appearing too large to print in the preview, use the scale feature in your print window and change the scale to 30%.
- Next, go to our MA DESE CAP Supervisor Training Modules - Certification Submission . Complete the form and upload your certificate. You will need to complete a separate form for each module that you complete. The BSU College of Education and Health Sciences Dean’s office will track your progress.