What our students love most about the Honors Program at Bridgewater State University is a sense of belonging. We invite you to join this community of motivated students and inspiring professors. You’ll enhance your academic experience, make lifelong friends, and receive guidance from mentors to do your best work — all with the social support that shows you belong.
The Honors Program at Bridgewater connects students to a diverse community of engaged citizen-scholars on campus and to a network of honors students across Massachusetts and the country. Our honors students enjoy small classes, close interaction with faculty, and rich opportunities for research, leadership and community engagement.
- Become part of a community committed to academic success.
- Experience greater student-faculty interaction and engaging discussions in honors courses, which are capped at 15 students.
- Stand out for internships, jobs and scholarships.
- Take advantage of leadership and service opportunities through our Honors Student Congress (HSC).
- Create lifelong friendships and be supported both in and outside the classroom when you join an Honors Living Learning Community.
- Attend more than a dozen free social events every semester.
- Enjoy the benefits of the Honors Center, which provides you with a home away from home.
- Register for classes early so you get the courses you need when you need them.
Learn more in the Honors Program brochure (pdf).
My experience at BSU was all the more positive because of the Honors Program. I am so grateful for this program and that I was invited to join in my senior year of high school. The small class sizes led to quick friendships with classmates and positive relationships with professors. I was able to present at the on-campus symposiums and at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research twice.