Go Beyond Traditional Research
Bridgewater State University has built a nationally awarded Undergraduate Research program with significant funding and opportunities for students in any major to discover new knowledge and make original contributions to their discipline or community.
Undergraduate researchers gain highly valued experience and skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration and communication — making them outstanding candidates for post-graduation competitive opportunities.
Students collaborate closely with professors on projects in which they are deeply invested. Many of our graduates say that undergraduate research was the most valuable thing they did as a student.
Undergraduate Research includes the scholarly work from any academic field, and can take several different forms:
- Assisting and collaborating with professors on their research/scholarship
- Course research assignments that go beyond traditional research papers and projects — such as by including a presentation of the results at a campus symposium
- Honors theses and Honors contracts that include original research
- Capstones, senior projects and directed-study projects that require independent scholarly work
- Original student projects guided by faculty, including grant-funded summer research