POINT! CLICK! ENROLL!
Bridgewater State University offers a web-based, interest-free Payment Plan. BSU Payment Plan assists students and their families cover each semester's tuition, housing, meals and required student fees (aviation flight fee charges are not calculated in the plan and must be paid separately). The plan spreads payments over the course of the semester into 4 monthly payments. The Payment Plan is available during Fall and Spring semesters.
The Payment Plan is an option students or their authorized user must select each semester. Payment Plan amounts will be based on the actual semester's amount due (total charges minus financial aid). Any adjustment to charges or aid will also adjust remaining payments in the plan. Students and authorized users will be notified via email each time an adjustment is made.
Enrollment in the plan for fall semester begins mid July; enrollment in the plan for spring semester begins mid December. Each semester a $25.00 non-refundable enrollment fee is required at the time of enrollment.
With the Payment Plan you can:
- Enroll in the plan easily over the web
- View a list of charges and Financial Aid credits eligible for the plan on your online worksheet
- Set up automatic installment payments using a credit card or electronic check or make monthly payments as they come due
- Receive email notifications as your plan adjusts due to changes in your student account activity.
Fall Installment dates:
4 installments (enrollment prior to August 1st) Due dates:
- 1st installment August 1st
- 2nd installment September 1st
- 3rd installment October 1st
- 4th installment November 1st
3 installments (enrollment after August 1st):
Payments due on the 1st of each month September – November.
Spring Installment dates:
4 installments (enrollment prior to January 1st) Due dates:
- 1st installment January 1st
- 2nd installment February 1st
- 3rd installment March 1st
- 4th installment April 1st
3 installments (enrollment after January 1st):
Payments due on the 1st of each month February – April.
You may access enrollment through the BSU Student Account Suite.
How to Enroll:
Students and Authorized Users can enroll easily into a Bridgewater State University Payment Plan through the secure BSU Student Account Suite.
- Log on to BSU Student Account Suite
- Select the Enroll in a Payment Plan tab to view the Payment Plan offered.
- Click on view plan to review information about the plan.
- Click continue to view the budget worksheet. The worksheet will include the health insurance charge until the online waiver is completed and the account has been adjusted (this process could take up to 5 business days). To remove the Health Insurance charge from the student account, the student must complete the online waiver. You can reduce future installments by filling in a down payment amount.
- Click Display Payment Schedule. Carefully review the budget worksheet before clicking continue. At this point you will be asked if you would like to set up automatic payments for the dates shown or you can make monthly payments as they come due.
- You must pay the $25.00 Enrollment Fee (non-refundable). At the time of enrollment you may add a down payment.
- Last step: Review and Print the Payment Plan Agreement Form. Check the I Agree box and continue
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can participate in the plan?
Cost to participate in the plan?
What about Financial Aid and Loans?
Financial aid grants and student loans offered will be deducted from the eligible charges at the time of enrollment.
Please Note: Two types of credits appear on the student account statement, memo credit (anticipated) and authorized credit (actual). Memo credits temporarily reduce the student account balance due and represent funds expected, but not yet received. Authorized credits represent funds that will be credited as actual payments to the account once the disbursement date has been reached.
Memo credits may not be able to transition into authorized credits for various reasons. For example, a student may not have completed the loan entrance counseling or signed the promissory note. These must be complete before the student is entitled to a loan disbursement. The student is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all memo credits are disbursed to their account.
All unpaid memo credits will be removed as an anticipated credit from the student account by Early October for the fall semester and Early February for the spring semester
Is my payment information safe on the payment plan?
What type of payments are accepted?
You can pay online using a credit card* or electronic check by using the BSU Student Account Suite. Payments may also be mailed to:
The Office of Student Accounts
Bridgewater State University
Boyden Hall, Room 107
131 Summer St.,
Bridgewater, MA 02325.
Please include Banner Number on memo line.
*All credit card payments will be assessed a 2.85% payment service fee (minimum $3.00) whether paid online, in person or over the phone.
Any payments made by electronic check (ACH) which are returned for insufficient funds or incorrect banking information will be subject to a $25.00 fee which will be billed to the student account. A registration and transcript hold will be placed on the student account as well. Failure to resolve outstanding balances and/or failure to replace a returned check will jeopardize future enrollments.
When can I enroll and make a payment (enrollment starts mid May)?
Who can set up the payment plan?
What if I become delinquent?
How will a tuition waiver affect my plan?
How will an outside scholarship affect my plan?
Can more than one parent sign up for the payment plan?
What happens if my student account balance changes due to a change in eligible charges and/or Financial Aid?
What type of changes would adjust the plan balance?
PLEASE NOTE: We have set a limit of seven (7) days before the payment due date that recalculation will not adjust that current installment, but will adjust the remaining installments.