In Step 2, PS and SP feedback on the TC’s Announced Observation #1 is shared with the TC. PS, SP and TC come together as a team to identify areas of TC strength and growth, all and collaborate to finalize the TC’s goals* and implementation plan for the practicum.
*See the Suggested Timelines page for different options for the Goal Setting and Implementation Plan process.
In CAP Step 2, there are three categories of resources from DESE
- Required Forms
- Recommended Forms
- Suggested Resources
Step 2 has two required forms:
- CAP Form
This is the second of four times you’ll fill out parts of the CAP Form. In Step 2, the PS, SP and TC all sign and date the paper CAP form at the close of the Three-Way Meeting #1. The PS will also note the date of Three-Way Meeting #1 in the CAP Online Portal. These tasks signify the end of Step 2.
- CAP Observation Form
The PS and SP can use this paper form to capture notes from the Announced Observation #1, completed in Pre-Cycle, and prepare feedback for the TC. This observation evidence must also be entered into the online CAP Portal*.
*We encourage everyone to keep a separate copy (digital or paper) of observation notes and feedback to the TC on the off chance that the data is not saved in the CAP Online Portal for reasons such as loss of Internet connection while completing the online form.
Here’s how to find the Required Forms. Go to the CAP Guidelines web page and scroll down to the table. Find Required Forms for Step 2:
2. Recommended Forms:
There are two recommended forms for Step 2:
- Post-Conference Planning Form
This form will help you organize your feedback to the TC after the first announced observation. This form helps you to be sure your conclusions and suggestions are rooted in evidence you collected from the observation, review of the written lesson plan/resources, and discussions prior to Announced Observation #1.
- Finalized Goal and Implementation Form
- This form is a paper version of the online form the PS, SP and TC will work together to complete through the TC CAP Portal. See the CAP Handbook on the CAP Resources page for guidance on this portion of this form. This form has three sections:
- CAP Professional Goal: This can only be completed by the TC in the online CAP Portal. The SP and PS should plan to provide feedback to the TC on this goal in the development process.
- Action Plan: The SP & PS share responsibility for completing the “Action Plan” portion of this form in the online CAP portal. Both educators must contribute to the form.
- Measure of Student Learning: The SP completes this portion of the form by identifying an assessment the SP has used with students in the past. The SP must also identify expectations for student performance resulting from high, moderate and low impact instruction delivered by the SP. This assessment should measure student learning on a topic that the TC can teach during the practicum. The goal of this task is to provide the TC and the SP the opportunity to have a discussion about student outcomes in connection to TC instruction.
Here’s how to find Recommended Forms. Go to the CAP Guidelines web page and scroll down to the table. Find Recommended Forms for Step 2:
There is one suggested resources for Step 2: the Three-Way Meeting Checklist #1.This document offers helpful guidance about preparing for the first Three-Way full team meeting with the SP, PS and TC.
Here’s how to find Suggested Resources. Go to the CAP Guidelines web page and scroll down to the table. Find Suggested Resources for Step 2: