Advanced Degree, Advanced You
With a tradition of excellence dating back to 1937, the College of Graduate Studies has established itself as the flagship in the state university system.Drawing on the talent and commitment of a highly credentialed faculty, the college offers a wide range of opportunities for graduate study designed to broaden perspectives, advance careers, increase earning potential and transform lives.
As a Bridgewater State University graduate student, you will find a supportive culture that is serious about your goals. Our goal is to ensure that you receive a high-quality educational experience that is intellectually challenging, relevant and satisfying.
We provide a wide variety of professional and educational opportunities for graduate students to enhance their academic, career and leadership skills. Matriculated graduate students are eligible to receive funding in the form of scholarships, assistantships, fellowships and conference grants.
Visit graduate admissions for more information.
Through our College of Graduate Studies — in coordination with Bridgewater’s College of Education and Health Sciences, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Louis M. Ricciardi College of Business and Bartlett College of Science and Mathematics — we offer a variety of graduate degree and certificate programs. These programs enable you to build on the skills learned in your undergraduate major, making you more attractive to prospective employers.
With these relevant, high-quality graduate programs taught by a dedicated faculty comprising strong teachers, mentors and researchers, you’ll find that Bridgewater is highly supportive and collaborative. Many courses are project- based and experiential, so you can learn to collaborate while also developing leadership skills.
- Master of Education in Mental Health or School Counseling – Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Master of Public Administration Program - National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA)
- Master of Science in Athletic Training - Council for the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Master of Social Work - Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Master of Arts in Psychology - Master's in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC)
- Master of Science in Athletic Training - Council on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Master of Science in Accountancy meets the Option One (Level 1) educational requirement to sit for the CPA exam
- Master of Science in Computer Science - PSM Candidate School
- National Association of Graduate Schools - NAGS
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
A Message from the Dean
Welcome to the College of Graduate Studies, home to the more than 60 graduate degree and licensure programs offered at Bridgewater State University through its Bartlett College of Science & Mathematics, College of Education & Allied Studies, College of Humanities & Social Sciences and Ricciardi College of Business. Here you will find a rich and intellectually diverse range of advanced educational opportunities, an exceptional faculty committed to student success, a caring and responsive staff dedicated to meeting your academic needs, and a graduate culture that values research, scholarship and creative activity.
According to the Council of Graduate Schools, a national organization dedicated to the advancement of graduate education and research in the United States, there is a strong correlation between graduate education and the public good. In addition to shaping a highly skilled workforce and facilitating groundbreaking research, graduate education prepares future college and university faculty, the K-12 teacher workforce, and develops entrepreneurs, knowledge producers, artists and innovators. A graduate degree qualification also insulates recipients during tough economic times with high rates of employment and higher wages.
Whatever your motivation for exploring graduate study, I encourage you to learn more about our excellent programs at this Website. Should you have any questions, please reach out to the knowledgeable and helpful staff of the College of Graduate Studies. Our office is located on the ground floor of Maxwell Library. We are also available by phone at 508.531.1100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to assisting you in any way we can. I do hope that you will choose to join us!