Today, the challenges inherent in mental health counseling are more complex than ever. Familiarity with a myriad of medications, health insurance coverage policies and multicultural issues is a must as mental health services are increasingly offered in home and school environments instead of the traditional institutions of past decades.
The Master of Education (MEd) in Mental Health Counseling at Bridgewater State University can help you develop the solid skills and experience needed to become a licensed mental health care counselor in Massachusetts. The program’s relatively low student-to-faculty ratio gives students a close, dynamic working relationship with academic advisors that many other universities cannot offer. We offer graduate students training in a variety of mental health settings: clinics, hospitals, health care centers, educational and governmental institutions with children, adolescents and adults. This program prepares graduates who intend to become Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC) in the state of Massachusetts.
The MEd in Mental Health Counseling offers:
- Diverse faculty with extensive teaching and administrative experience in the fields of mental health counseling
- Development of critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication capabilities
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
- Provides a comfortable learning environment for older, non-traditional graduate students
We also offer an MEd in Mental Health Counseling-Dual Licensure.
Program Director: Dr. April Megginson