In our fast-moving global community, today’s youths find themselves maneuvering through a multitude of complicated personal and social development barriers. Economic hurdles. Strained family dynamics. Transitional stress. Now more than ever, school counselors play a pivotal role in guiding students toward academic excellence in the face of these sometimes formidable hurdles.
The School Counseling program at Bridgewater State University provides you with the solid leadership and skills required to excel as a school counselor in today’s often challenging academic environment. This advanced degree program offers the training, fieldwork and multi-tasking experience necessary to guide students to success.
The School Counseling (PreK-8, 5-12) is offered as a Master's (MEd) and a Postmaster's Licensure program.
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in a variety of school counseling settings
- Development of critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication capabilities
- Professional development opportunities at local, state and national levels
- Opportunities to actively participate in state, local and national conferences and gatherings
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Professional leadership skills and development
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
Program Chair: Dr. Kevin Duquette