Participants from the 2023 Financial Literacy Summit at Bridgewater State University who would like to take the free 3 credit graduate course should follow the directions below to create a profile in our BSU system with Graduate Admissions and formally register for the course as a non-degree student via the "Student Portal".
Step 1: Complete the Graduate Non-Degree Application
Students starting non-degree course(s) for the Summer 2023 term, should click here for the Graduate Non-Degree application (https://www.bridgew.edu/grad-non-degree).
If you’ve never entered our application portal, you’ll want to click on “Students without an Account” and click “Start a Non-Degree Application”.
Please contact Graduate Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions regarding the Graduate Non-Degree Application.
Step #2: Retrieve Your BEAR ID
Your BEAR ID is the 8-digit number emailed to you once your Graduate Non-Degree application has been processed by Graduate Admissions. You will need this to access many of the items below, so be sure to have it handy. If you have lost your acceptance letter or cannot remember it, the Office of Graduate Admissions can help. Write to GradAdmissions@bridgew.edu from the email address used to complete your Graduate Application for any help or questions during this step.
Step #3: Access and Use Your BSU Email account
Start to use your BSU email today! It was sent from BSU Accounts (BSUAccounts@bridgew.edu) to the personal email address provided in your application.
To access your email, use the link provided in the communication sent from IT. You can also access your email on the student portal by clicking on email from the left navigation bar.
IMPORTANT: Login to your BSU email with the default password. You will be prompted to set up MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) before resetting your password. View how to configure MFA.
All information is sent to your BSU email. Don’t miss important information: Be sure to check daily!
If you have not received your BSU email account information from BSU Accounts:
First, check your junk or spam folder. Contact IT support at 508.531.2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu and provide them with the following information.
- Bear ID (formerly Banner ID)
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
Step# 4: Navigate to the Student Portal and Register for your course
Students register for courses by navigating to the Student Portal, signing in using your BSU credentials, and going to the “Student” section of Infobear.
- Proceed to the BSU Student Portal by navigating to mybsu.bridgew.edu and clicking on “Infobear” on the left side navigation menu.
- Once you’re able to login using your BSU credentials, click the “Student” tab along the top of the page to begin to register for your course.
- You should see a page that has your specific “Student Profile”.
- On the left hand side, please click on the navigation for “Registration and Planning – New”
- Next, you’ll be prompted to complete the “Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA)”.
- Once you’ve acknowledged the “Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA)”, you will click on the link at the bottom titled “Registration Planning – New”
- On the next page, you’ll click “Register for Classes” on the bottom right hand side of the page.
- To add a course section click the “Enter CRNs” tab then enter the 5-digit CRN (51180) and click “Add to Summary”. To finalize your registration click “Submit” in the bottom right corner of the “Summary” section. The class “Status” will change from “Pending” to “Registered” once you have successfully added the course.
*You may view a step-by-step video which will walk you through adding/registering for a class at BSU.
Additional registration related resources including PDF instructions may also be found on the Registrar’s Office page*
Getting your transcript
Bridgewater State University offers the convenience of E-Transcripts which can be requested 24/7 and be sent, electronically, anywhere in the world typically within an hour.
Once you receive confirmation that grades are available and transcripts can be requested, go to the Transcript Request Page to begin the process