Some graduate programs offer a GRE or GMAT waiver to specific applicants. For eligibility requirements, view the details by clicking your program of interest below. If a program is not listed below, a GRE or GMAT waiver is not applicable.
Applicants to the MSA degree program who meet certain provisions will be considered for admission without submitting a GMAT score. If, upon review, the applicant is considered admissible without a GMAT score, that requirement will be waived. The following provisions qualify an applicant to be considered for the GMAT waiver:
- An advanced degree (e.g. master’s, doctorate, JD, etc.) in a specialized business field, economics, law or related field, or in a discipline involving a significant quantitative component (e.g. engineering, science, statistics).
- CPA, CMA, CFA or CFM certification.
- Candidates graduating with an undergraduate degree in accounting from Bridgewater State University may be eligible to waive the GMAT requirement, providing that they graduate with a minimum overall GPA of 3.20; minimum GPA within the ACFI major of 3.20 (or waived by the department if student is not an ACFI accounting major); and earned no more than one ACFI course grade lower than a B-.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request a GMAT score from an applicant even if these conditions are met.
Applicants may be eligible for a GRE or GMAT waiver if they possess one of the following:
- An advanced degree (e.g. master’s, doctorate, JD, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- A professional business – related certificate or license issued in the United States that requires a test of field-specific knowledge, work experience, and at least a baccalaureate degree (e.g. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- An earned undergraduate degree within the last 10 years from a regionally accredited institution, with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.2+. Degree field must have included a significant amount of coursework in business, mathematics or quantitative analysis.
- An earned undergraduate degree within the last 10 years from a regionally accredited institution, with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0+, a minimum of five (5) years of professional (non-– clerical, non– support) managerial work experience including supervisory roles, with increasing responsibility during that period. Degree fields considered must have included a significant amount of coursework in business, mathematics or quantitative analysis
- An earned Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations from Bridgewater State University with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 and no course grade below a B-.