Our two postbaccalaureate programs are designed for people with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline who wish to become licensed as a teacher of physical education (PreK-8 or 5-12) in Massachusetts. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to apply for initial licensure. This program is great for career-changers as well as for those with an undergraduate degree in physical education or a related field. Equivalent coursework in another field will be accepted. A practicum is required. Total minimum credits: 70
Physical Education (PreK-8) (Initial Licensure), Postbaccalaureate Licensure
Physical Education (5-12) (Initial Licensure), Postbaccalaureate Licensure
These programs are designed for people with an undergraduate major in physical education or related discipline who are currently working under an initial license and want to get the skills and knowledge needed for professional licensure. We offer a program with six concentrations so you can choose the path that aligns with your career goals. Curricula vary by program but all require some kind of culminating experience, such as an exam, project, or research. While some programs offer a practicum or internship opportunities, we encourage working students to get involved in their professional organizations and presenting at conferences. Total minimum credits: 30
Physical Education, Coaching Education Concentration, MS (New! 100% online)
- For those who want to coach at all participation and performance levels.
Physical Education, Professional Tennis Management and Coaching Concentration (PTM & C), MS (NEW! Hybrid)
- For those who want to advance their career in the tennis industry.
Physical Education, Adapted Physical Education and Sport Concentration, MS
- For those who want to teach children and/or adults with physical disabilities.
Physical Education, Applied Kinesiology Concentration, MS
- For those who want to work in alternative medicine.
Physical Education, Human Performance and Health Fitness Concentration, MS
- For those who want to work in rehab or health club settings
Physical Education, Individualized Concentration, MS (Online)
- A self-designed program for those who want to create their own course of study.
Physical Education, Strength and Conditioning Concentration, MS
- For those who want to become a strength and conditioning coach in competitive athletics, typically at college, pro, or Olympic levels.
Physical Education, Teaching Games for Understanding, MS
- Offered in a cohort model, this program is for teachers who want to help children learn skills through games, dance, adventure, and other beyond-the-classroom activities. The two-year program includes two-week summer institutes each year.
MEd, HEALTH PROMOTION Program
We offer an M.Ed. program in Health Promotion for individuals who are currently involved in health promotion activities or who seek to prepare for health-related careers in community based organizations such as business, industry, agencies, hospitals, and voluntary and official health agencies, as well as for in-service teachers. Total minimum credits: 33