Annual Financial Report
BSU is committed to providing our students with access to world-class learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom at a cost they can afford through careful management of public resources and student funds. As a result of the university’s careful stewardship of fiscal resources, Bridgewater has been able to invest in initiatives and programs that advance our highest priority: student success.
Several factors contributed to the continued strength of the university’s financial position, including:
- Sound financial planning, budgeting and management;
- Receipt of an $8 million unrestricted donation from alumni, Bruce R. Bartlett, ’68 and Patricia A. (Quinn) Bartlett, ’67 – the largest single gift ever received by Bridgewater State and, in fact, the largest received by any of the nine state universities in Massachusetts;
- New and more effective recruitment strategies by undergraduate admissions, transfer, Continuing Studies and Graduate Studies that has helped Bridgewater stabilize enrollments over the past three years, when most other regional comprehensive universities are losing students;
- Adoption and expansion of strategies and “micro interventions” targeting specific populations of students that are contributing to the retention of students who may otherwise have left the university;
- Continued implementation of student billing changes aligned with best practices that is driving a notable decrease in student accounts receivable; and
- Fully aligning resources with university strategic priorities in the budgeting process.
Download Annual Financial Report
Bridgewater State University Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, 2017-2018
The audit report conveys an unmodified opinion of the university’s financial statements for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018. The link below pertains to the most recent Annual Report.