What is BSU’s Giving Day?
An online fundraising day for everyone to come together to give back in support of BSU’s future. For 1840 minutes the Bridgewater community will come together to support our students. Together we can pay it forward for the next generation of BSU students.
Why have a Giving Day?
A day of giving is more than just raising money online — it’s a tool to engage leadership, administrators, faculty, alumni, and students by generating awareness and building a culture of philanthropy at Bridgewater State University. It is an incredible opportunity to tell our story, inspire our audience, and acquire new donors, all in support of our great university. We exceeded our goal of $75,000 last Giving Day with gifts from over 400 donors, raising over $100,000, giving students the support they needed to stay in school and succeed. Building on that momentum and last year’s success, we hope to increase our alumni participation and overall numbers of donors by 10% this Giving Day.
How can I be a part of it?
On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 starting at 2:00pm – Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 8:40pm we need YOU to show your BSU pride!
- Show your pride between 2pm Wed. 4/21 – 8:40pm Thurs. 4/22:
- Make an online gift: app.mobilecause.com/vf/bsugives
- Give to the Bridgewater Fund or choose one of the many BSU funds that matter most to you. ALL gifts made between 2pm 4/21 – 8:40pm Thurs. 4/22 count.
- Help us gain momentum and reach more people. Encourage your networks to follow your lead by letting them know you just made a gift and why Bridgewater is important to you.
- “Like” the BSU and Alumni social networks
- Share the Alumni Giving Day Facebook event and RSVP “attending”
- Post to Instagram or Facebook stories with a short video of why it is important to support the students of BSU. Get personal. Tell your Bridgewater Pay it Forward story to inspire others. Repost, share and like #BSUGives and #PayitForward social media posts throughout the day.
- Become a Fundraiser
- Create your own custom fundraising page through our MobileCause website by adding your own personal touch – text, photos and videos. It’s quick and easy. Be sure to share your story of why it’s important to you to pay it forward to BSU. Share your page with your network of friends and family and encourage them to make a gift to support the students of Bridgewater. Set your own goal and track your impact.
- You will be eligible for fun BSU themed incentive prizes, see below for details.
- Please promote your page during the 1840 minutes of giving.
- Watch this video for a quick guide to setting up your page or follow these steps…
- Click the “Become a Fundraiser” button on our MobileCause site app.mobilecause.com/vf/bsugives. Fill in your information, submit form.
- Personalize your page. Upload a photo, set your goal, personalize your message, ‘Save’.
- Share your page. Click the Facebook, Twitter or Email icons to create a custom message and share your personal fundraising page with your network.
- Save the confirmation email to edit or update your page. This email will include your personal URL, social share buttons, keyword and shortcode for sharing.
- All individual fundraisers – Will receive a special social media shout out
- Fundraisers who raise $250 or more – Will receive surprise BSU swag
- Fundraisers who raise $500 or more – Will receive even more swag in our BSU prize pack
Match, Challenge, Incentives
- Dollar for Dollar Match: Gifts made specifically to the Bridgewater Fund during Giving Day will be matched dollar for dollar.
- Bridgewater Fund: The unrestricted Bridgewater Fund offers flexible funding to address the university’s most urgent ongoing needs, providing critical support for BSU students through scholarships, paid internships, and other life-changing experiences and opportunities.
- Alumni by the Decade Leaderboard Challenge: In addition to bragging rights, all alumni from the decade with the most participation will win a special surprise at our 2021 Homecoming event! Check our social media and MobileCause page periodically throughout Giving Day to see updated leaderboards. Encourage your classmates to participate to make sure your decade takes the lead.
- Become a Fundraiser Incentive: Start your own fundraiser for BSU through MobileCause and share with your network of friends and family and encourage them to give to BSU for Giving Day!
Hashtags: #BSUgives, #PayitForward
BSU Social Networks:
BSU Alumni Social Networks:
Bridgewater State University is a family. We rely on our strong network of alumni and friends to enrich, enhance and elevate the lives of students who need extra support. Take pride in knowing you are part of our family and have helped change the direction of a life- one gift, and one student at a time. Together, we can pay it forward to the next generation of BSU students. Thank you!