The Master of Education (MEd) in Student Affairs Counseling at Bridgewater State University can provide you with the solid leadership and management skills required to excel in student affairs in a time when the relationship between students and educators is constantly evolving. If you are committed to helping the leaders of the future succeed during this formative period of their youth, this program can help you do more to provide a positive leadership role. Graduates of the Student Affairs Counseling Program are trained to utilize skills in counseling and program development and implementation in a variety of higher education and student affairs settings such as: residence life, student activities, student leadership, academic advising and career services.
The Master of Education in Student Affairs Counseling offers you:
- Diverse faculty with extensive experience in various fields of student affairs counseling
- Students have the opportunity to garner valuable insight through internships and through participating in national student affairs counseling conferences
- Development of critical thinking skills, as well as oral and written communication capabilities
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
Graduate Program Director: Dr. April Megginson