The Master of Education (MEd) in Reading Program (Reading Specialist K-12) is built on a 50-year legacy of augmenting the professional development and intellectual growth of practicing educators. The program can prepare you for new roles in education through a challenging, 30-credit-hour curriculum designed to bridge theory and practice, foster values of diversity, and advance professionalism and ethical behavior. Focusing on literacy development, assessment, and instruction of students with diverse learning and literacy needs, the program includes course work in areas such as Improving Literacy Instruction, Literacy Assessment Principles and Techniques, Research in Literacy Teaching and Learning, and Literacy Curriculum Development and Implementation.
A Master of Education in Reading from Bridgewater State University offers:
- Diverse faculty with extensive teaching experience and ongoing participation in education research, scholarly publication and professional organizations
- Compliance with recommendations of the Professional Standards and Ethics Committee and the Advisory Group to the National Council of Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and Joint Task Force of the International Reading Association (IRA) Role 7, Reading/Literacy Supervisor and Consultant
- Prepractica and practica opportunities
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Hybrid courses and cohorts available
- Benefits of a state institution that has been training teachers for more than 170 years
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
- GRE not required
Rolling Admissions: Apply Today!
Program Chair: Adam Brieske-Ulenski, Ed.D. | firstname.lastname@example.org
"Prior to this program, I did not know all of the different aspects of the job of a literacy specialist. Through this program, I think that I gained deeper foundational knowledge of theories regarding literacy and education in general, which I can apply to teaching in no matter what setting. I also gained a plethora of resources that I can use in my classroom and in future jobs."
"I will be able to expand my license and that will open more doors for me professionally. I will be a better teacher because I can teach reading, which is in every grade and content area."