The Safe Zone program prepares participants to be effective allies to the LGBTQ community at BSU. Over a period of four weekly sessions, attendees take part in activities and discussions designed to increase their knowledge of:
- Best practices for supporting the success of BSU's LGBTQ students and colleagues
- Inclusive and current language that fosters a welcoming campus climate
- Invisible privileges, unintentional microaggressions, and implicit bias that undermine efforts to creating full LGBTQ inclusion
- Intersecting and marginalized identities within the LGBTQ community such as queer people of color, bisexual and pansexual people, and genderqueer people
- Effectively intervening when witnessing anti-LGBTQ words, actions, or systems of oppression
All BSU Bears are welcome to participate, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other identity.