Maps & Directions
Bridgewater State University
We are located in Bridgewater, the geographic heart of Southeastern Massachusetts with easy access by major highways.The campus is approximately 40 minutes south of Boston, 30 minutes north of Cape Cod and 50 minutes northeast of Providence. The Bridgewater stop of the MBTA Commuter Rail (Middleborough/Lakeville Line) is on the Bridgewater State University campus.
Directions to Bridgewater State University
From the East:
- Follow Route 106 West to Route 104 West.
- For East Campus: turn left on to Hooper Street. Follow to end and turn left on to Burrill Avenue. The Moakley Lot is past Moakley Center on the left.
- For Welcome Center and West Campus: turn left at traffic light on to Summer Street, then turn left on to Park Avenue. West Campus Lot is after the third university building on the left.
From All Other Points:
- From the North: Take I-93 to Route 24 South, follow directions to Bridgewater Center.
- From the West: Follow the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) to I-495 South to Exit 7A (Route 24 North), follow directions to Bridgewater Center.
- From Cape Cod: Follow I-495 North to Exit 7A (Route 24 North), follow directions to Bridgewater Center.
- From Providence/the South: Follow I-95 North to I-495 South to Exit 7A (Route 24 North), follow directions to Bridgewater Center.
To Bridgewater Center:
- Follow Route 24 to Exit 15 (Bridgewater/Raynham - Route 104).
- Follow Route 104 East to stop sign (approximately three miles).
- Turn left and approach rotary in Bridgewater Center.
- Follow directions to Buildings and Parking.
Directions to Buildings & Parking:
- Boyden Hall:
- Turn straight off the rotary onto School Street.
- Take first right on to Cedar Street: parking lot is behind Boyden Hall on left.
- All Other Buildings:
- Turn onto Summer Street off rotary (Route 104 East).
- Bear left at lights on to Plymouth Street following Route 104 East.
- Welcome Center and West Campus Buildings
- Visitor parking in West Campus Lot is just past the Welcome Center on the right.
- Alumni Park, Swenson Athletic Complex, Tinsley Center
- Stay on Route 104 for approximately one-half mile. Turn right on to Tinsley Drive.
- BSU Police Headquarters, Operations Center/Central Receiving
- Turn right on to Hooper Street (after railroad tracks). Follow Hooper Street to the end and turn left on to Burrill Avenue.
- At the end of Burrill Avenue (stop sign), turn right on to Great Hill Drive: the University Police Headquarters and the Operations Center are on the left.
- All Other East Campus Buildings
- Turn right on to Hooper Street (after railroad tracks).
- Follow Hooper Street to the end and turn left on to Burrill Avenue: visitor parking is in Moakley Lot, just past Moakley Center on the left.
Parking for visitors is available in the Moakley Center, West Campus, Harrington Hall, and Woodward Hall Driveway Lots. Please stop at the parking attendant booth to obtain a temporary parking pass and for specific instructions. All BSU parking lots have designated handicap spaces. Visitors with special needs should contact the Parking Services and Connect Card Office at 508.531.2897 for assistance.
Guests and visitors, such as departmental invited guests, non-BSU students visiting Testing Services or conferee attendants may apply online for a pass, print and place the pass visibly on their vehicle’s dashboard when parked in one of the four visitor lots. Apply for an online guest parking pass here. A parking decal is also available for frequent visitors of the university. Please contact the Parking Services and Connect Card Office at 508.531.2897 for more information about obtaining a visitor decal. Parking for vehicles with valid visitor decals is in the West Campus and in the Moakley Center lots.
Overnight visitor parking is permitted from Sunday evening through Thursday evening. Overnight guests must park in the Swenson Field lot from 4 pm to 7 am. Guests must be out of the lot by 7 am Monday- Friday. A parking pass is not required for overnight parking. On weekends from 4 pm Friday-6 pm Sunday parking is permitted in all commuter, resident and faculty/staff lots without a parking decal or temporary pass. Please note: During snow emergencies, snow emergency guidelines must be followed.
For full details on parking at BSU, please see the parking guide (PDF).
Just upstairs from Bristol Community College's Attleboro Campus, we are conveniently located a half-mile from downtown Attleboro off Route 123, in the Attleboro Corporate Campus.
BSU’s Aviation Training Center includes a flight simulator lab, and is located at the New Bedford Regional Airport, approximately half an hour’s drive from campus.
1852 Shawmut Avenue
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
Directions to New Bedford