New Bear Guide
Access and Use Your BSU Email Account
- Start to use your BSU email today! It was sent from BSU Accounts (BSUAccounts@bridgew.edu) to the personal email address provided in your application.
- To access your email, use the link provided in the communication sent from IT. You can also access your email on the student portal by clicking on email from the left navigation bar.
- IMPORTANT: Login to your BSU email with the default password. You will be prompted to set up MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) before resetting your password. View how to configure MFA.
- All information is sent to your BSU email. Don’t miss important information: Be sure to check daily!
- If you have not received your BSU email account information from BSU Accounts:
- First, check your junk or spam folder.
- Contact IT support at 508.531.2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu and provide them with the following information.
- Bear ID (formerly Banner ID)
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
Complete Placement Testing TODAY!
- Completing all placement testing as soon as possible will ensure you are able to register at the earliest possible time. Students must complete their Bridgewater Elementary Algebra Readiness (BEAR) Exam as well as submit their English essay to choose fall classes and meet with an advisor in the Academic Achievement Center. View information on Math and English placement testing. Any questions regarding testing, please contact us at (508) 531-1780 or email us at email@example.com.
- If you have a documented disability and need to request testing accommodations, please contact Student Accessibility Services at 508.531.2194 or SAS@bridgew.edu.
Complete Advising & Registration
- Advising & Registration is a combination of individual preparation and one-on-one advising appointments with your Academic Advisor from the Academic Achievement Center to discuss your goals, answer questions, and finalize your first semester schedule!
- Be on the lookout for an Advising Welcome email from the Academic Achievement Center (firstname.lastname@example.org). This email will contain important information including your placement information, recommended courses to register for, resources so you can begin to register on your own, and a link to schedule your required one-on-one virtual advising appointment with an academic advisor as soon as possible. Please note: Students must complete all placement testing before the Advising Welcome email can be sent. Advising Welcome emails will begin being sent to students’ BSU email accounts May 23, 2022.
- Follow the instructions in your Advising Welcome email to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor and register for classes. If you have questions about which courses to register for, that is ok! Do your best and write down questions you would like to ask your advisor when you meet.
- Attend your advising appointment. During this one-on-one appointment your advisor will review your schedule, help you to make any necessary adjustments, and answer questions for you.
Take Part in your Bear Launch
- Are you ready to jump onto your Bear Launch Call?
- Bear Launch is a one-on-one phone call with an Orientation Leader (OL) who will walk you through the important steps on your checklist, review the orientation process and offer an opportunity for you to ask questions.
- Watch for an email with your Bear Launch assigned date and time. This email from email@example.com will be sent to the email address on your admission application.
- An Orientation Leader (OL) will call at your assigned time. Be sure to mark this 30 minute phone call on your calendar!
Your BSU Checkpoint
- A half day session from 1 - 5 p.m. for students and families.
- Check your BSU email for your assigned BSU Checkpoint day.
Save the date for Crimson Days August 30- September 2
- More information will be sent in July/August to your BSU email.
Living On or Off Campus
Are you living on Campus? Reserve Your Room Today!
- First, submit your $250 housing deposit.
- You will then receive instructions to complete your Residence Hall License Agreement via BSU email, where you will select your meal plan and complete your Roommate Matching Profile.
- Information to select your room online and prepare you for your move onto campus is sent via email.
- All information will be sent to your BSU email from Residence Life and Housing.
Are you an off campus or Commuter student?
- If you are renting an apartment or house off campus and not living at your home address, remember to update your local address with the registrar’s office. Complete this Change of Address Form.
- Follow Off Campus and Commuter Student Services on Instagram at @BSUCommutes or on Facebook at @OffCampusatBSU.
- Email OFFCAMPUS@bridgew.edu with any questions you have about commuting to BSU.
- If you're looking for an apartment, view the off-campus database.
Items to Complete and Submit
Submit Your Connect Card Photo
- The Connect Card is the official Bridgewater State University identification card.
- Please submit your photo for your new Connect Card today.
Share Parent/Guardian Engagement Opportunities
- Be sure you parents have signed in to the BSU Family Hub by sharing the link.
- The BSU Family Hub will host virtual family orientation opportunities, and serve as their one-stop for information about family programs and other ways connect to BSU.
- If you or your parent/guardian would like more information, visit the Family Orientation Website: bridgew.edu/family-orientation or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE)
- This survey will provide BSU with information on how to best support your success!
- Instructions and login information will be sent to your BSU email account.
- Complete this survey after you receive the link and you will automatically be entered into a raffle to win one of many prizes!
Submit Final High School Transcript and AP Scores
- Have your final high school transcript sent to email@example.com or by mail to the Office of Admission Welcome Center, 45 Plymouth Street, Bridgewater, MA 02325 no later than Sept. 7, 2022.
- Do you have AP scores? Depending on the score, you can earn college credit! Request College Board to send your scores directly using code #3517 for BSU.
Complete the SPARC Course
- Complete SPARC: The Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course will be available on your Blackboard dashboard. Completion of this course is required for all incoming BSU students.
- Deadline to complete the course is Sept. 6, 2022.
- Instructions will be sent to your BSU email with information on how to access the course.
Complete Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment Form
- The Fall Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment website is available to registered students in early July.
- You will receive a billing notification in early July from Student Accounts with more information pertaining to the waiver/enrollment process and deadlines.
Complete Your Student Health Form
- You are required to submit a Student Health & Wellness Form to The Wellness Center located in Weygand Hall within 30 days of registering for classes.
- This form is available on the Orientation website.
Complete Your Covid Compliance Forms
- Bridgewater State University requires all students who are attending in-person classes, living in residence halls, conducting research on campus and participating in any on-campus activities to become fully inoculated with a World Health Organization approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to your arrival on campus. You will be contacted when the Student COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation is available for Fall 2022.
- If you require a medical or religious exemption, please contact the BSU Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the specifics of your request.