- Start to use your BSU email today! It was sent from BSU Accounts (BSUAccounts@bridgew.edu) to the personal email address provided in your application.
- IMPORTANT: It can take up to two hours from the time you are approved in our system to when your account is activated and this information is sent.
- To access your email, use the link provided in the communication sent from IT. You can also access your email on the student portal by clicking on email from the left navigation bar.
- IMPORTANT: Login to your BSU email with the default password. You will be prompted to set up MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) before resetting your password. View how to configure MFA.
- You will need to login to your email and set up this security BEFORE you can access InfoBear.
- All information is sent to your BSU email. Don’t miss important information: Be sure to check daily!
- If you have not received your BSU email account information from BSU Accounts:
- First, check your junk or spam folder.
- Contact IT support at 508.531.2555 or ITSupport@bridgew.edu and provide them with the following information.
- Bear ID (formerly Banner ID)
- Phone Number
- Completing all placement testing by May 17, 2024 will ensure you are able to register at the earliest possible time. Students must complete their Bridgewater Elementary Algebra Readiness (BEAR) Exam as well as submit their English essay to choose classes and meet with an advisor in the Academic Achievement Center. View information on Math and English placement testing.
- Any questions regarding testing, please contact us at 508.531.1780 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a documented disability and need to request testing accommodations, please contact Student Accessibility Services at 508.531.2194 or SAS@bridgew.edu.
- Advising & Registration is a combination of individual preparation and a one-on-one appointment with an Academic Advisor from the Academic Achievement Center to discuss your goals, answer questions, and register for your first semester classes.
- Be on the lookout for an Advising Welcome Email from the Academic Achievement Center (NewStudentAdvising@bridgew.edu). This email will include important information about the registration process and a link to a video that will walk you through the steps required to review your course recommendations and create your first semester Registration Plan.
- Please note: You must complete all placement testing before you can receive the Advising Welcome email.
- Advising Welcome emails will go out to students’ BSU email accounts beginning in late May.
When you follow the instructions in the Advising Welcome email, you will…
Watch a video with detailed instructions on how to create your first semester Registration Plan.
Review your advisor-recommended courses for your first semester at BSU.
Create your own first semester Registration Plan.
Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
Attend your advising appointment and register for your classes!
During this one-on-one appointment, your advisor will review your Registration Plan, help you to make any necessary adjustments, and help you register for your first semester classes.
If you have other questions about your first semester at BSU, the advisor can help you with those, as well.
For your convenience, appointments will be held virtually through Microsoft Teams. Please download Teams to your device the day before your meeting so you can be prepared when it’s time to begin. If interested, we can also accommodate in-person appointments in June.
- Are you ready to jump onto your Bear Launch Call?
- Bear Launch is a one-on-one phone call with a BSU student who will walk you through the important steps on your checklist, review the orientation process and offer an opportunity for you to ask questions.
- Watch for an email with your Bear Launch assigned date and time. This email from email@example.com will be sent to the email address on your admission application.
- Your phone call will come from the phone number 508.531.1000 and last about 20 minutes.
- First, submit your $250 housing deposit.
Online payment via credit card (preferred payment option)
Click “Student,” then enter your BEAR ID and PIN.
Once logged in, select “Deposits” from the top menu.
Select "Fall 2024” as the "Term"; select "Room Deposit Fall 2024” as the "Deposit Type."
Then continue to pay your $250 housing deposit by credit card or electronic check.
Payment can also be made over the phone via credit card or electronic check with one of the cashiers at 508.531.1225.
- You will then receive instructions to complete your Residence Hall License Agreement via BSU email, where you will select your meal plan and complete your Roommate Matching Profile.
- Information to select your room online and prepare you for your move onto campus is sent via email.
- All information will be sent to your BSU email from Residence Life and Housing.
- If you are renting an apartment or house off campus and not living at your home address, remember to update your local address with the registrar’s office. Complete this Change of Address Form.
- Follow Off Campus and Commuter Student Services on Instagram and TikTok at @BSUCommutes or on Facebook at @OffCampusatBSU.
- Email OFFCAMPUS@bridgew.edu with any questions you have about commuting to BSU.
- If you're looking for an apartment, view the off-campus database.
- With your BSU Checkpoint registration email, you will receive information about registration for BSU’s in-person family orientation program. For more information, please visit our family orientation website at https://www.bridgew.edu/student-life/family-orientation.
- Parents, family members and supporters can learn about the BSU Family Hub on EngageBSU and ongoing family engagement opportunities by visiting www.bridgew.edu/family.
- The Fall Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment website is available to registered students in mid-July.
- You will receive a billing notification in mid-July from Student Accounts with more information pertaining to the waiver/enrollment process and deadlines.
- All students are required to complete a Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA) via InfoBear each semester, prior to registering for classes. This agreement outlines a student’s financial obligation.
- Students must complete the SFRA for ALL terms prior to registering for any term. The Fall 2024 SFRA will be available beginning in mid-March.
- You are required to upload immunizations and submit an online TB Screening Form to The Wellness Center electronically via the patient portal link bridgew.medicatconnect.com. (Credentials are your single sign on username and password.)
- Students will not be able to complete the online forms until after you register for class. Please note, these forms are due within 30 days of registering for classes to prevent a hold on your account.
- Complete SPARC: The Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course will be available on your Blackboard dashboard. Completion of this course is required for all incoming BSU students.
- Instructions on how to complete the course will be included in the SPARC Course section on Blackboard.
- This survey will provide BSU with information on how to best support your success!
- Instructions and login information will be sent to your BSU email account.
- The first 300 students to click the link and complete the survey will automatically have $5 added to their Connect Card!