- May 25, 2022: Nominations Process Open
- July 1, 2022: Nomination Period Closes
- July 1-29, 2022: Sub-Committee Reviews Nominations
- July 29, 2022: Sub-Committee Meeting to Discuss Nominations and Make Recommendations
- Aug. 10, 2022: Sub-Committee Notifies Recipients to Confirm Attendance
- Nov. 14, 2022: Alumni Awards Celebrated
The Alumni Awards Celebration is typically held in November.
A call for nominations is sent each spring with all submissions due no later than July 1. Each award is listed below with the current year's recipient. The Bridgewater Alumni Award nomination form can be completed and submitted by anyone, and we encourage you to make multiple nominations. Details and a nominations may be made from the Bridgewater Alumni Association Awards page.
(Note: Nominations for Afro-American Alumni Association Awards run on a different timeline. Details and nominations may be made from the Afro-American Alumni Association Awards page.)
An alumni selection committee, comprised of alums with diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives, reviews the materials submitted for both the Bridgewater Alumni and the Afro-American Alumni Associations and selects those persons whose accomplishments most closely fit the criteria for each award and who are deemed most deserving of recognition. The names of those selected are then recommended to Bridgewater State University Leadership for final review and approval.