Below you will find useful links related to our Engage in Math programs.
Core State Standards for Mathematics
- About Common Core Standards
- Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks for Mathematics
- Learning Progressions (Common Core Tools)
- Illustrative Mathematics
Principles to Actions
Mathematical Teaching Practices were published in Principles to Actions (2014).
These workshops will model and provide time to explicitly analyze these practices:
- Establish mathematics goals to focus learning.
- Implement tasks that promote reasoning and problem solving.
- Use and connect mathematical representations.
- Facilitate meaningful mathematical discourse.
- Pose purposeful questions.
- Build procedural fluency from conceptual understanding.
- Support productive struggle in learning mathematics.
- Elicit and use evidence of student thinking.
Engage in Math Educational Mathematical Games: Dr. Sabinin's picks for publishers of best educational mathematical games